The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are new TLD's really valuable or is it some coping strategy?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
There's some debate going online that the TLD's are not as important anymore. I honestly disagree with that since the .com was and will always be the TLD most valued by individuals and businesses probably because it's so deep in our neural pathways that any other TLD seems lame and with it comes the low-quality brand image (imo).

What's your opinion? Can new TLD's be compared to the OG .com one? Or is it a coping strategy for "domain-squatting"?
Some people actually get upset when they can't find their domain name. I certainly do when it's a domain that was registered before I was even born, but if it was registered in recent times, it's only your fault you didn't catch it sooner (that's again, just my opinion).

Is it only me or do you also feel like any TLD apart from .com is pretty lame and confers low quality brand image?

Edit: just realized many domain names have been taken in every possible tld LOL

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
.ai and .io for certain circles is as good as the .com

.co is not too bad neither. On top of my head, I can think of 500.co, angel.co and bestself.co.

As the gen z and the generations after become adults, the .com will lose its dominance. I attribute part of the .com dominance to the fact that most reputable companies were using that at a time where the internet was in its infancy.

Even more so, as more reputable companies use those domains. Heck, even Google as abc.xyz as a domain for their holding company Alphabet.

com, co, io and ai are no longer lame for me. media and ventures are also more and more becoming less so.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.