The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

App Reccommendation: MileIQ

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Just wanted to drop this on everyone. I decided that I should finally track my miles in 2020. The going rate is about 55 cents per mile worth of write off.

As someone that drives 30k mile per year, 20k of which for business... This is pretty game changing. I should have been doing this for years.

The app is pretty cool and briefs you once per day to ask you to classify trips you took. Swipe right for business or left for personal.

In the 24 hours since it has been active on my phone, and I haven't gone very far, I have been able to accrue 43 miles for $25 worth of writeoff... As you can imagine with my relatively modest used cars, that will add up to a pretty nice write off. Even the S will cost less than that per mile while I own it.

Screenshot_20200116-131636_MileIQ.jpg

I know it is important to note that I am not depreciating the cars on straight line or with a bonus 6k GVWR thing. I am also not directly expensing and tracking mileage at the same time. Just mileage. Mileage is a bigger write off for me.

Anyway... If you aren't tracking miles... This is a killer way to get it done.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
Mileage write offs is very nice, but just a side note.. If your business has more than 4 vehicles being driven, you can't write off mileage as you're considered a fleet.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Mileage write offs is very nice, but just a side note.. If your business has more than 4 vehicles being driven, you can't write off mileage as you're considered a fleet.

I saw that. I run 3. Thankfully, if I got some other vehicles for business, the would be 6000# GVWR equipment depreciation schedule stuff.

TLO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Jan 1, 2019
Used the app in 2019. It learns your routes and you can auto classify so it gets easier and easier to use. I highly highly recommend this product for anyone who travels for business. Definitely worth the 39 bucks I think it cost. Produces reports easy also and can share easily via email. Again, a great app.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Thanks for this @Kak

My accountant told me to buy a logbook to track my mileage today and I just saw this thread. Guess he's still old school... or maybe I need a new accountant.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, app is owned by Microsoft, didn't expect that. Just downloaded and ran thru the tutorial, super intuitive.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Wow, app is owned by Microsoft, didn't expect that. Just downloaded and ran thru the tutorial, super intuitive.

I have to say... Microsoft has been impressing me with almost Apple level, super intuitive, software lately.

Have y'all seen Teams yet? It is almost everything I've hoped for in a simplistic management/communication software. I am strongly considering making the jump from doing everything with Skype and email.

One note is definitely my go to over my old faithful Evernote.

Hell even the brand new Edge browser is pretty slick.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.