The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

App idea to make another $2M

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

loop101

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 3, 2013
The guys that made WordFoto in 2011 appear to have abandoned it after living off their $2M windfall for almost 10 years. One of them posted on Reddit and basically said they didn't know much about modern iOS programming, and were going to have to get normal jobs now. I lost the Reddit thread, it was from a few years ago. The thread was for people who had "made it" to give advice. They made an Android version in 2016. Someone should clone this app on iOS.

The latest App Store review:

Mplspitbull , 10/08/2019, Could be amazing if updated and working

I have use this app in the past and liked my results. Lately it’s been buggy. Since updating to iOS 13 it doesn’t work.

Any plans to update? Quits on me every time now. Much appreciated. Thanks.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

swx

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 2, 2020
Australia
I think its interesting but maybe a little out of date in terms of the concept itself. Some people would find use for it though, may be worth trying out, since the iOS programming skills required for this kind of app would not be that high, and there is proof of past demand.

Hadrian

Celtic Whispers
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
The guys that made WordFoto in 2011 appear to have abandoned it after living off their $2M windfall for almost 10 years. One of them posted on Reddit and basically said they didn't know much about modern iOS programming, and were going to have to get normal jobs now. I lost the Reddit thread, it was from a few years ago. The thread was for people who had "made it" to give advice. They made an Android version in 2016. Someone should clone this app on iOS.

The latest App Store review:

Mplspitbull , 10/08/2019, Could be amazing if updated and working

I have use this app in the past and liked my results. Lately it’s been buggy. Since updating to iOS 13 it doesn’t work.

Any plans to update? Quits on me every time now. Much appreciated. Thanks.

I’m interested, but over-committed to other projects! Might need a complete rewrite... def
Worth investigating! ☘️

loop101

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 3, 2013
I’m interested, but over-committed to other projects! Might need a complete rewrite... def
Worth investigating! ☘️
It might make a good Flutter app, since you'd be able to hit all the device markets at once.

loop101

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 3, 2013

Review from 2011

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXfkQP8rzwg

drahz

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 24, 2019
It might make a good Flutter app, since you'd be able to hit all the device markets at once.

This WordFoto app looks quite interesting, so I found some time and created a Flutter clone. I have only released to the testing track so far, so if anyone here is interested to become a tester and give me early feedback I would appreciate that.

Besides Android, I am planning to release for Desktop (Mac, Windows, and Linux) and maybe IOS as well. This is the real advantage of Flutter.

Some photos I made with my app.

Attachments

• dog-bright.png
    dog-bright.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
  • maldives.png
    maldives.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • bitcoin.png
    bitcoin.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 13

loop101

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 3, 2013
This WordFoto app looks quite interesting, so I found some time and created a Flutter clone. I have only released to the testing track so far, so if anyone here is interested to become a tester and give me early feedback I would appreciate that.

Besides Android, I am planning to release for Desktop (Mac, Windows, and Linux) and maybe IOS as well. This is the real advantage of Flutter.

Some photos I made with my app.

Looks fantastic!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I thought I would post up the first video from the newest 2021 program content... Just a...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Hi Andreas, It is per month, with the first month being half. This is a great question, I...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hi Lex, I looked at several options including Kajabi and settled on the Divi theme on Wordpress...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
The story is BASED UPON a true story. The details aren't entirely accurate or from a distinct...

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers