The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

App idea to make another $2M

Idea threads

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
The guys that made WordFoto in 2011 appear to have abandoned it after living off their $2M windfall for almost 10 years. One of them posted on Reddit and basically said they didn't know much about modern iOS programming, and were going to have to get normal jobs now. I lost the Reddit thread, it was from a few years ago. The thread was for people who had "made it" to give advice. They made an Android version in 2016. Someone should clone this app on iOS.

The latest App Store review:

Mplspitbull , 10/08/2019, Could be amazing if updated and working

I have use this app in the past and liked my results. Lately it’s been buggy. Since updating to iOS 13 it doesn’t work.

Any plans to update? Quits on me every time now. Much appreciated. Thanks.

img_2390.jpg
WordFoto.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

swx

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 2, 2020
Australia
I think its interesting but maybe a little out of date in terms of the concept itself. Some people would find use for it though, may be worth trying out, since the iOS programming skills required for this kind of app would not be that high, and there is proof of past demand.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
The guys that made WordFoto in 2011 appear to have abandoned it after living off their $2M windfall for almost 10 years. One of them posted on Reddit and basically said they didn't know much about modern iOS programming, and were going to have to get normal jobs now. I lost the Reddit thread, it was from a few years ago. The thread was for people who had "made it" to give advice. They made an Android version in 2016. Someone should clone this app on iOS.

The latest App Store review:

Mplspitbull , 10/08/2019, Could be amazing if updated and working

I have use this app in the past and liked my results. Lately it’s been buggy. Since updating to iOS 13 it doesn’t work.

Any plans to update? Quits on me every time now. Much appreciated. Thanks.

img_2390.jpg
WordFoto.jpg
I’m interested, but over-committed to other projects! Might need a complete rewrite... def
Worth investigating! ☘️

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I’m interested, but over-committed to other projects! Might need a complete rewrite... def
Worth investigating! ☘️
It might make a good Flutter app, since you'd be able to hit all the device markets at once.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

Review from 2011

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXfkQP8rzwg

drahz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2019
It might make a good Flutter app, since you'd be able to hit all the device markets at once.

This WordFoto app looks quite interesting, so I found some time and created a Flutter clone. I have only released to the testing track so far, so if anyone here is interested to become a tester and give me early feedback I would appreciate that.

Besides Android, I am planning to release for Desktop (Mac, Windows, and Linux) and maybe IOS as well. This is the real advantage of Flutter.

Some photos I made with my app.

Attachments

• dog-bright.png
    dog-bright.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
  • maldives.png
    maldives.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • bitcoin.png
    bitcoin.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 14

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
This WordFoto app looks quite interesting, so I found some time and created a Flutter clone. I have only released to the testing track so far, so if anyone here is interested to become a tester and give me early feedback I would appreciate that.

Besides Android, I am planning to release for Desktop (Mac, Windows, and Linux) and maybe IOS as well. This is the real advantage of Flutter.

Some photos I made with my app.

Looks fantastic!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.