- Joined
- Feb 24, 2012
- Messages
- 88
Rep Bank
$180
$180
User Power: 5%
So I just had this idea and wanted to get some feedback and see what people thought the pros and the cons were. The problem that I would be trying to solve is that when renting an apartment people most often times arent informed of lousy neighbors, appliances that dont work properly and other important areas. I recently moved out of an apartment where the fridge would constantly freeze my food and the stove would heat up far hotter than the temperature I set it to. I asked management to fix these problems, but was told to "basically live without, sorry". Well needless to say I was excited to move out, but I wish I could talk with the new people interested in moving in about the problems I faced, as I know that the management company will not disclose this. I also thought how nice it would have been to talk to the person who moved out before I moved in and how Im sure talking to him would have made me think twice about moving in. I believe Carfax forces dealerships to act more honestly towards potential customers and be more forthcoming with information, that they might not if it wasnt printed out in the Carfax report.
Im not sure how a Carfax type website for rentals would work, as far as creating a detailed report, but from personal experience it was a problem big enough that I would be willing to pay money to purchase a report on my next rental. I also believe it would make landlords more accountable for the problems in their rentals. I know there are review sites that people write on describing their situations, etc, but Ive never seen one for an individual rental and it never seems comprehensive enough to make much of an informed decision.
Feasible, not feasible, what do you think?
Im not sure how a Carfax type website for rentals would work, as far as creating a detailed report, but from personal experience it was a problem big enough that I would be willing to pay money to purchase a report on my next rental. I also believe it would make landlords more accountable for the problems in their rentals. I know there are review sites that people write on describing their situations, etc, but Ive never seen one for an individual rental and it never seems comprehensive enough to make much of an informed decision.
Feasible, not feasible, what do you think?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
