The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Audio Engineering and Rental Service

Idea threads

rbliss54

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 9, 2023
Hi my name is Ryan Bliss and I just finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane . It has changed my perspective on mindset, wealth, money, time, entrepreneurship, and business. When on around chapter 39 I started getting an idea for a business and I thought I would pitch it here to get some feedback and criticism. I want to call the business Audio Rats or something Audio (this idea is still very far into the works). The business I want to put together is an Audio Rental and Audio Engineering for live events. I got the idea because I am a freshman in college going in for music production and live audio engineering and I’ve been in love with it since being a freshman in highschool. Right now I am in the course of asking old teachers, friends and family their biggest problems with live audio whether working them or being at concerts and live events. I’m trying to find the needs and desires that other people have when it comes to events like this. I want to try and make it as global as possible simply by starting a website and owning a warehouse to store audio equipment and make it easy to transport from place to place. I want my business to be professional quality and still be affordable to small venues like high-schools, small concerts, and other small events like that. My USPS is, “We make sure you are Heard.” I’m still very far from execution but I feel pretty confident in the idea. I would love honest feedback and criticisms from anyone willing to read this (if MJ DeMarco were to read it that would be awesome). Like I said before nothing is set in stone and is still a ways away but I feel like my work ethic and drive will prevail and I’m willing to do whatever it takes to have financial freedom and enjoy wealth while I am young.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ant23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 20, 2011
Hi my name is Ryan Bliss and I just finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane . It has changed my perspective on mindset, wealth, money, time, entrepreneurship, and business. When on around chapter 39 I started getting an idea for a business and I thought I would pitch it here to get some feedback and criticism. I want to call the business Audio Rats or something Audio (this idea is still very far into the works). The business I want to put together is an Audio Rental and Audio Engineering for live events. I got the idea because I am a freshman in college going in for music production and live audio engineering and I’ve been in love with it since being a freshman in highschool. Right now I am in the course of asking old teachers, friends and family their biggest problems with live audio whether working them or being at concerts and live events. I’m trying to find the needs and desires that other people have when it comes to events like this. I want to try and make it as global as possible simply by starting a website and owning a warehouse to store audio equipment and make it easy to transport from place to place. I want my business to be professional quality and still be affordable to small venues like high-schools, small concerts, and other small events like that. My USPS is, “We make sure you are Heard.” I’m still very far from execution but I feel pretty confident in the idea. I would love honest feedback and criticisms from anyone willing to read this (if MJ DeMarco were to read it that would be awesome). Like I said before nothing is set in stone and is still a ways away but I feel like my work ethic and drive will prevail and I’m willing to do whatever it takes to have financial freedom and enjoy wealth while I am young.
Hey Ryan. Music production Can be fun. I was also into music production when I was your age. There has to be a lot more students that are into music production and making music at your university, maybe you can start a concert series for musicians at your school along with your audio equipment. It seem now days everyone wants to rap and make music especially the younger generation. I’m in my 30s now so I put the mic down a while ago. I’m in no position to critique or criticize your idea so I say just go for it. I also had an idea similar to this for younger people but like I said I’m way too old to be having concerts for students in high school and University.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
My USPS is, “We make sure you are Heard.”
That’s not a USP that’s a marketing tag line.

USP = what you are doing, who you are doing for, and how you are doing it differently.

The idea is fine. Rental can be a good business. 6 years ago one of my top business idea candidates was VR video equipment rental.

Just need to evaluate the market: who’s doing it in your area, how are you going to do it different or better than them. And then solve the capital outlay challenge of buying all the equipment upfront.

Best part though… even if you never sell a single rental, you can just sell off all the equipment and end up around break even from when you started, so it’s pretty low risk to start.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.