The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone know if parking lot striping is profitable?

CLE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Feb 7, 2016
I live in a city of 60,000 give or take and I only know of one guy doing parking lot striping and its the same guy been doing for 25+ years and he is really slowing down. He does less and less every year. I have seen many business owners outside doing a very half assed job themselves. I'm starting to think their is a huge opportunity here. Within a 90 minute drive we have at least 25 other towns/cities ranging from 2,000-15,000. As I pass through many of those areas I notice most of them have not had any real lot painting maintenance done in years. I already own two trucks and two enclosed trailers so the only things I would need are the tools themselves. Looks like $3,000 or so would be all I need to get rolling. Looking to try it on the side just to test the waters. Any thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
You have estimates, that's good. Now, if I were you, I would go out and talk to parking users themselves, in order to find out, from 1-5 scale, how much it bothers them and how much they would, on average, be willing to spend to have this issue solved. Having these figures would provide a better picture of how valuable your solution is going to be.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I know a guy that does pretty well with it.

Parking lot striping is actually the low-hanging "easy money" in to a much, much larger industry if you wanted it to grow into something more.

JonnyC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
463%
Jan 23, 2014
Canada
Read the title as "Parking Lot Stripping"

Thought "Of course parking lot stripping is profitable, only costs are travel/gas. Just curious how you'd get away with doing it on a regular basis, and how would you advertise... like Craiglist/Kijiji or what?"

Re-read title...

"Doh."

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX

Thought "Of course parking lot stripping is profitable, only costs are travel/gas. Just curious how you'd get away with doing it on a regular basis, and how would you advertise... like Craiglist/Kijiji or what?"

Re-read title...

"Doh."

I did the same...lol

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Survey Monkey with questions on whether you would shop at a place with a clean / clearly marked parking lot.

Pictures of competitors parking lots vs the business you are trying to sell.

Hit up all the tenants in a big shopping center. Use their feedback to approach the owner (who will just roll it into CAM, etc.).

Hit up the local college math department and see it they want to take a google map overhead shot and create an algorithm to find a few % more spaces or a 'more efficient' parking lot. Promise to donate / sponsor grad students in return.

Hire part time DOT workers to do it.

[just some ideas]

Dave510

Reversing
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 16, 2014

Re-read title...

"Doh."

It has serious viral potential though, like a YouTube video.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.