The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone in Waste Management Business??

flyingdolphin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Sep 23, 2020
Philippines
Hey there!!

So I read The Millionaire Fastlane book and I'm about half the Unscripted ..

thing is, we are taught to chase problems instead of money right?

My tiny brain conclude that I need to practice it or else it might turn into another good-for-nothing-wisdom.

So, here it goes.

Does anyone here has a waste management business? or knows anyone who does?

I just want to know the BIGGEST problem that you have in running the business.

Why waste management business?? I don't know. I just picked a random niche and thought it's amazing - waste are everywhere all the time. It kinda makes sense that it could be the only constant thing next to change.. or is it not? We'll figure it out together fellas.

Thank you so much in advance!! <3

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sa_ill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 10, 2020
Hi!

Yes, I have been linked to the waste management verticle since more around 7 years. I make trash bags, and I supply them to all sorts of people: from housing societies to municipalities. I also collect dry plastic waste, clean it and recycle them into new granules. I am invited to most waste management initiatives that the government takes up in my area.

Getting into the waste management business, or having a business directly linked to it can be very lucrative, but it is challenging and requires a lot of ground work. A key to succeeding in this line is to have control, because this is not your generic product selling business. There are many layers in the waste management field: toxic waste is a whole other universe, and you are surely reimbursed well if you know how to do a good job.

Where I'm from, the waste management business starts its link from the absolute ground level of society to the top level. So one needs to have control to ensure efficiency. But that is just one aspect of it. There are many more.

flyingdolphin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Sep 23, 2020
Philippines
Hi!

Yes, I have been linked to the waste management verticle since more around 7 years. I make trash bags, and I supply them to all sorts of people: from housing societies to municipalities. I also collect dry plastic waste, clean it and recycle them into new granules. I am invited to most waste management initiatives that the government takes up in my area.

Getting into the waste management business, or having a business directly linked to it can be very lucrative, but it is challenging and requires a lot of ground work. A key to succeeding in this line is to have control, because this is not your generic product selling business. There are many layers in the waste management field: toxic waste is a whole other universe, and you are surely reimbursed well if you know how to do a good job.

Where I'm from, the waste management business starts its link from the absolute ground level of society to the top level. So one needs to have control to ensure efficiency. But that is just one aspect of it. There are many more.
very interesting!! Thanks so much for your insight!!

surely waste management business operates like other businesses as it seems to take real hard work to pull off. I'm curious though, aside from the operation itself, what could be the challenge when it comes to keeping the revenue-- client acquisition? bookkeeping? client retention?

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I'm in the waste management business... indirectly.

As a contractor and landscaper I'm always moving materials around - construction waste, soil, branches, etc. I've considered adding a truck with detachable "bins" to add to my list of services as a way to manage others waste, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

One thing I've seen is that some communities have private businesses and/or government managed facilities for handling waste, but in totally varying qualities. Some landfills are state of the art, separate materials, and have clearly designated bins for each type of material. Other landfills literally just create mountains of all the waste streams and bury them in dirt. Surely the world could use more of the former!

Another opportunity in the waste management industry is composting. If you can remove organics from the waste stream you'll not only reduce methane emissions from anaerobic decomposition, but can also turn waste (eg. food scraps, yard waste, etc) into a valuable product - compost. Our soils are in horrendous condition, and could use massive boosts in fertility from a natural fertilizer, a la compost.

Lots of money to be made, and good work to be done, in the waste management game!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sa_ill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 10, 2020
very interesting!! Thanks so much for your insight!!

surely waste management business operates like other businesses as it seems to take real hard work to pull off. I'm curious though, aside from the operation itself, what could be the challenge when it comes to keeping the revenue-- client acquisition? bookkeeping? client retention?
  • Usually, when one does acquire a client, which is a long process in itself, the client will stay with you long term. Waste Management product involve a lot of aspects, including a lot of permissions, certifications etc. so no client wants to go hunting for a new service provider once he has finalised on one.
  • Client Acquisition is a long process, and goes in the format of project-to-project. Mostly, if you provide a unique and thorough service, you will get clients. But the processes set after a while.
  • Bookkeeping, again depends on your exact business model. It is very challenging, because one has to account for quantities at various stages of the waste segregation process.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.