The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Anyone here own an RV and live and/or travel in it frequently?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

OP
OP
M

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I'm sorry for the repeated posts, this is the last one I promise.
Your posts are appreciated, if you have more to contribute to the thread, please do not hesitate. Thanks!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

loop101

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 3, 2013
So I recently went on an RV roadtrip last month and outside of the "active shooter" incident, it was a pretty interesting trip.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I like it or not. Part of me does, another part of me doesn't. I can't quite finger my thoughts.

I enjoyed getting out into nature and experiencing this subculture, even the driving aspect wasn't too bad -- but I'm hesitant about an RV being a huge maintenance and money suck. There's an old saying my friend used to say, boats make you broke ... (I guess they cost a lot to fix) ... are RV's the same?

As for what I'd buy, I'd definitely would go with a Class-A as I hate towing and hitching shit. The Class-C's are too small.

The thought that one of these huge Class-A's could be snagged for less than a Lamborghini SV has my interest.

On a side note, this could be a great option to accelerate your Fastlane -- instead of living in an expensive apartment or a house, you could hunker down in an RV park, save money, and grind your business away. If I was 22 and single again, it would be a consideration.

BTW, there's an RV show today at Cards Stadium, I'm going down there to take a look.
I would checkout rvdirect.com , they sell directly from the manufactures over the net, usually 50% off. They can't post their prices, so you have to ask for a quote.

Last edited:

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I grew up RVing after I almost was attacked by a bear at age 7. That put an end to our family tenting days. The have lots of benefits like being able to just pick up and go anywhere. My parents bought a new smaller RV for just the two of them now and they have done a few cross country trips in it. Especially now with COVID, it's nice being able to have your own home away from home without needing to talk to anyone else or use shared facilities. It's a lot of work to use and also to drive. You're basically driving a tractor trailer. If you don't enjoy driving, that part alone could put you off. I know that is why my mother never drives and they only go as far as my dad can drive in one day.

loop101

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 3, 2013
I would investigate if a composting toilet is an option in any RV I bought. Not having to empty a black-water tank would be really nice.

If you don't like towing, a 5th-wheel might be a good option. They tow a lot differently than a normal travel-trailer. You need a good truck, though.

WJK

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Nikiski, Alaska
So I recently went on an RV roadtrip last month and outside of the "active shooter" incident, it was a pretty interesting trip.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I like it or not. Part of me does, another part of me doesn't. I can't quite finger my thoughts.

I enjoyed getting out into nature and experiencing this subculture, even the driving aspect wasn't too bad -- but I'm hesitant about an RV being a huge maintenance and money suck. There's an old saying my friend used to say, boats make you broke ... (I guess they cost a lot to fix) ... are RV's the same?

As for what I'd buy, I'd definitely would go with a Class-A as I hate towing and hitching shit. The Class-C's are too small.

The thought that one of these huge Class-A's could be snagged for less than a Lamborghini SV has my interest.

On a side note, this could be a great option to accelerate your Fastlane -- instead of living in an expensive apartment or a house, you could hunker down in an RV park, save money, and grind your business away. If I was 22 and single again, it would be a consideration.

BTW, there's an RV show todaWy at Cards Stadium, I'm going down there to take a look.
We have an old camping trailer that pull around with one of our pickups. It's like an old favorite pair of slippers -- comfortable, very low maintenance, and debt-free . Yes, it has a queen sized bed with my memory foam topper. It has a kitchen, bathroom and the very important forced air heating. We use it off road here in Alaska. We set it up and then run around in our truck or with our ATVs. We could up grade, but why? It's all that we need.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I've just concluded my program with Kyle. The incubator gave me what I wanted. Now, working on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom