The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone have a good list of books?

For any book discussion

Sam Beddall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
May 9, 2014
England, UK
Sounds crazy but a lot of the spiritual/philosophical books that I've read have deeply impacted my life, business and mind set way more than most solely business-oriented books have done. Books like I Am That by Nisargadatta Maharaj and old zen manuals such as the Transmission of Mind by Huang Po are very, very powerful. As for business books, the Education of Millionaires by Michael Ellsberg is a great motivational read with some good resources thrown in.

Sam Beddall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
May 9, 2014
England, UK
Oh and at the moment I'm reading The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli. Pretty good if you like ancient Florentine politics and essays on power plays... can't stop being an English literature graduate. Good luck

Franky Neizer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
May 18, 2014
Accra
do you know any books on selling?
a book with a sales system, scripts or step by step... not with only generic theory or motivation...
thanks in advance

@Mbiz79 You should try one of those 'Dummies' books on the above topic, believe me you'll find one which helps. Like: Sales System for Dummies
Some dumb writer will have something on it pretty soon... Ikr

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Franky Neizer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
May 18, 2014
Accra
@Sam Beddall Have you read the Art of War- Sun Tzu; very good book. I started reading the book 18 months ago and I haven't even gotten to the middle (crazy right?? lol) It's quite a clever book and you need lots of time.

Sam Beddall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
May 9, 2014
England, UK
@Sam Beddall Have you read the Art of War- Sun Tzu; very good book. I started reading the book 18 months ago and I haven't even gotten to the middle (crazy right?? lol) It's quite a clever book and you need lots of time.

No mate I've never read Sun Tzu, always see it then end up picking something else up instead! Thanks for the recommendation. Will add it to the list.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Entrepreneur Revolution

Just read this, while half the book is the usual stuff that we all know, the latter half is a great read!

Mbiz79

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 10, 2013
Italy

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago

If you're out here hustling, you don't necessarily have time to decipher and interpret (how you filter information is important) ancient riddles that are centuries upon centuries old.

Check this out.

Also, watching the Sun-Tzu Documentary on the Art of War can help. I've probably watched it hundreds of times, but I have an obsessive and repetitive aspect to my character.

In that documentary, they discuss Go-style strategy versus chess-style strategy. Robert Greene discusses this in 48th Law (assume formlessness). Assuming formlessness and concentrating your forces are probably two of the most important laws. Maybe the most important. Greene discusses the Go versus Chess dichotomy in the 48th Law, and compares Vietnamese General Giap's strategy style as "3-D Chess" (Star Trek reference).

Heh-heh-heh... or multidimensional Go.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I am actually reading the millionaire fastlane right now. I'm definitely intrigued.

Unleash The Warrior Within by Richard Machowitz. Great motivator for anyone doing anything in life.

This is a popular one: Sun Tzu's Art Of War. While Sun Tzu was a murderer and a despicable human being, he offers some great strategies which can be applied to life

jilla82

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jun 4, 2012
Chicago

Fotis

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Feb 26, 2014
Fountainhead by Ayn Rand...recommended by Cuban I got it on Audible
Wow Cuban read Ayn Rand huh? I have read The Fountainhead but everyone seems to suggest that I read Atlas Shrugged, her magnum opus. What did you think about Fountainhead? Pretty big for my standards (I am Greek) but when Howard gave his speech, I was like "all those pages were written for this part here".

To anyone interested, read it here
http://www.nasonart.com/personal/lifelessons/fountainhead.html

qvantage

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Nov 22, 2013
I have read many books to achieve my life targets but some of mine favorite and helpful books that i would to share with you which all boost my energy to achieve my dreams.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Stephen R. Covey
The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom Suze Orman
Think and Grow Rich Napoleon Hill
Maximum Achievement Brian Tracy
See You at the Top Zig Ziglar

garysvpa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jul 23, 2014
Hey, I have read about 5 books so far and am looking for a good list of books/audio books to run through. I am also open to some motivational CD's. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

The Millionaire Fast Lane by M J DeMarco

How to Get Out of Debt, Stay Out of Debt & Live Prosperously by Jerrold Mundis

The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham

One Up on Wall Street by Peter Lynch

Liar’s Poker by Michael Lewis

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker

Franky Neizer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
May 18, 2014
Accra
@Ubermensch You are right though, when you're out hustling you don't have the time to decipher ancient riddles which are centuries old. I love reading the book 'Art of War' but I just don't think I will ever complete it.
I've got the repetitive obsession about my character as well, I've watched the movie 'Wall Street' over a 100 times and I still love it; I've read 'The Unemployed millionaire- Matt Morris' a couple of times and it still inspires me. Still on 'The Snowball- Warren Buffet', great book.
What are you reading currently?

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
This is for any man who has grown up in an abusive childhood, or in a 'matriarchal' society and therefore hasn't learned 'male' values (This is not some Anti Women 'Bold and Determined' misogynist bullshit, don't worry.):

No More Mr. Nice Guy - Robert Glover. This book turned me from a shutout who would get panic attacks from looking at pretty girls or talking to the 'cool kids', to a person who can function in society normally, work a sales and telemarketing job etc. (I'm not at total comfort yet, but I will be there by 01/03/15.)

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
Just bought the Kindle version of Think And Grow Rich by Napolean Hill for 95 cents. 95 cents!? The first page alone is worth that!

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
If you want to actually remove pain and live the rest of your life in total bliss, I can't see how you can do that without these bags of gold:

1.Psycho-Cybernetics by Dr Maxwell Maltz, the book all of Jim Rohn's, Tony Robbins', Les Brown's, Eric Thomas', etc work is based on.
2. 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class by Steven Siebold ....unreal. highlights those tiny, minute differences we make which make us Extraordinary, average or sub-par. Actually an audiobook, get it ASAP.

Thanks my value add, hope you all can benefit from it as much as I did

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
Yeah @Silverhawk851 Psycho-Cybernetics is really the 'template' of probably 90% of the self-help guys stuff. It's simply filtered, updated, and adapted to anything from personal development to PUA.

Funny I just picked up 177 Mental Toughness Secrets ... guess I'll give it a read.

geko_man

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Aug 23, 2014
Australia
Just found that 'Think and Grow rich' the Entrepreneur and small business owner's edition is FREE on the itunes store! Go get it!

Michael1359

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 8, 2014
The Millionaire Fastlane , of course.

The 48 Laws of Power is excellent, and can be found free online in a .pdf.
The Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman is excellent.
How to Win at the Sport of Business by Mark Cuban.

Barshalom

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 11, 2014
The Wealth Choice: Success Secrets by Black Millionaires by Dennis Kimbro
The Top 10 Distinctions between Millionaires and the Middle Class by Keith Cameron Smith
Think Like a Billionaire, Become a Billionaire by Scot Anderson
Deals on Wheels by Lonnie Scruggs

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
The Promise of a Pencil, Adam Braun.

Reading this one right now. I normally read a book per month, but I can't seem to be able to lay it down and will probably finish it in less than a week. Great book by an admirable person.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.