I've gotten into the habit of keeping a notepad next to my bed because I keep waking up with random ideas. If I don't write them down immediately, I'll forget them by morning. Most of them never go anywhere, but I enjoy collecting them because every now and then one sticks.
These are all from last night (excuse the handwriting—I was writing in the dark).
I'm more curious if anyone else experiences this. Do you keep an idea journal, voice notes, or something similar? And how do you decide when an idea is worth taking out of the notebook and actually validating
These are all from last night (excuse the handwriting—I was writing in the dark).
- Accessible bike controls: Dual brake levers mounted on the same side of the handlebars so someone with limited use of one arm could still control both brakes.
- "Idea Blender": An AI tool where you feed it your interests, skills, past projects, and even things like your LinkedIn profile, and it generates business ideas that are actually tailored to you instead of generic startup lists.
- Healthy junk food: A brand of desserts that look and taste indulgent but swap ingredients like sugar and butter for things like stevia and banana pulp without sacrificing flavor.
- Autonomous wall painter: Kind of like a Roomba for walls. You load a paint cartridge, place it on the wall, and it paints automatically while following the edges.
- "Hidey Hole" books: Waterproof books designed specifically for reading in the bathroom. The name came from the fact that you'd keep one hidden in there.
- Game idea: A cops-and-robbers game with procedurally generated maps where each match feels different, with both single-player and multiplayer modes.
I'm more curious if anyone else experiences this. Do you keep an idea journal, voice notes, or something similar? And how do you decide when an idea is worth taking out of the notebook and actually validating
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
