The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any young Perpetual Travelers here?

davidil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Sep 7, 2011
A

Anon3587x

I would love to do that. If I had a more solid source of income I'd be in South America or Europe right now. As soon as I get something setup, I'm taking off

davidil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Sep 7, 2011
Cool. I just spent 2 months in Ibiza, before that 3 months in Thailand, Australia is next :)

A

Anon3587x

How much would you say its costing you?

I know they're many variables in between with this question, but I'm just trying to get a general idea.

Are you leasing out apartments for 3 months at a time or? . . .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BeachBoy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 12, 2011
I have spent two months in the carribeans on a sailboat.
I would def spend a year on a huge sailboat (like 100ft+) if I can get fastlane

davidil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Sep 7, 2011
The apartment is 1500 Euro a month but I rented it on high season. If you get here in May you can find a whole house with three rooms for 700 Euro, with a pool. I eat every day out and don't count my money but if you want to leave cheap you can go down to 500 Euro a month easily, not including accommodation.

Doesn't matter how hard I'll try, I won't be able to spend more than 2000-3000 Euro a month including flights etc.

But I don't buy any junk that I don't need, drink out as if there is no tomorrow etc... just common sense.

danoodle

Freedom Seeker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 1, 2011
Kansas, toto
I have a friend who does this. She owns a business online of selling website designs and is constantly traveling. I guess her "home" is technically in Vanuatu. I met her at one of Steve Pavlina's conscious growth workshops. Met a bunch of amazing people there and look forward to meeting different like-minded people at the B & P! :)

Pat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 14, 2011
World Traveler
I've been on the road since the beginning of this year.

New Zealand and Australia only so far, I'm in a training camp at the moment, costs are under 1500AUD/month here, New Zealand was around 5000NZD for 3 months but I did a lot of things like bungy jumping, skydiving etc over there.

Next stops are Bali for a while, then Australia again, New Zealand again, then Thailand and then back to home for a few months before taking off again.

davidil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Sep 7, 2011
New Zealand and Australia

I'm heading there next :)

OK now for the guys out there - try combining this lifestyle with being a PUA (Pick Up Artist)... :) that's one cool way to roll. If you're interested in knowing where to start etc PM me, I think it's not the place to post about such things :)

davidil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Sep 7, 2011
I met her at one of Steve Pavlina's conscious growth workshops. Met a bunch of amazing people there and look forward to meeting different like-minded people at the B & P!

Steve Pavlina, hey? Does it really worth it? And what's B&P?

fm1234

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Aug 19, 2011
I did through much of my youth, put down roots to take care of some family issues and raise a few little ones, and plan on pulling those roots back up in a few years. Really the way to go, if you tend to become energised by a change of scenery. I've lived in several parts of the US, plus Costa Rica and Thailand, and traveled over much of the rest of the planet. It's a big planet, and Google Maps just doesn't cut it for seeing the sights. :)

Frank

danoodle

Freedom Seeker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 1, 2011
Kansas, toto
Steve Pavlina, hey? Does it really worth it? And what's B&P?

Steve's workshop was worth every penny. I believe there is one going on this weekend actually. Met some amazing people and may even go back for the one on relationships next year.

B & P stands for beer and pancakes. It is the event that people on this forum organize in Arizona every year! Go here for the details on the one next year in february. https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/general-business-discussion/31478-2012-beer-pancakes.html I am definitely planning on going and look forward to meeting some amazing people doing great things in their lives! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

whizneo

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 7, 2012
Perpetual Traveler

I know this is an old thread, but still trying this.

I am a Canadian. Was fortunate with a business in my 20s, and I have enough to live well for the rest of my life. I am exploring the Perpetual Traveler option. Being a Canadian, I don't get taxed in Canada if I dont live here (and if I dont have any ties to the country, which I dont).

Are there any PTs here who can advice me on investing? What do I put my money in, and in which countries to live off of the internet or the returns from the investments? Love to know any other PTs on here!

Andrew

Fredster

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 11, 2012
Thinking of starting a PT-life next spring, but does anyone know if the PT-life works for a daytrader?
After reading some things about PT it sounds like it would work with my routine...

futhey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 18, 2012
If you're an American (US passport holder) I know the general rules on taxation while abroad (Worldwide income is taxed, Only Earned-Income is excluded up to $90k if you meet certain requirements). PM me.

adventureking

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 23, 2012
So how do you guys deal with Visa and residency issues? Most countries allow you stay 3 months on a tourist visa. It would be nice to stay for a year in some places without worrying about the consequences in getting deported or banned from reentering the country.

davidil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Sep 7, 2011
I know this is an old thread, but still trying this.

Are there any PTs here who can advice me on investing? What do I put my money in, and in which countries to live off of the internet or the returns from the investments? Love to know any other PTs on here!

Andrew

Hey man, if you have more than $1m to invest let me know. I'm working in a German bank that gets me really good papers (the kind only super wealthy have access to) and in the last year I've made more than 14% in CONSERVATIVE investments. No stocks or anything like that, much safer long term high return investments. PM me if you're interested.

davidil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Sep 7, 2011
So how do you guys deal with Visa and residency issues? Most countries allow you stay 3 months on a tourist visa. It would be nice to stay for a year in some places without worrying about the consequences in getting deported or banned from reentering the country.

In many countries you can just apply to extend a visa again and again. You can get a 1 year tourist visa to Australia. You can come in and out of the EU many times before anybody will ask questions. It's no problem.... but the whole idea is to travel around and not stay long in one place. 3 months Thailand, 3 months Paris, 3 months NYC, 3 months Rio.... I've been doing this for years but hardcore since last April, I've been traveling in a van all over Europe since November. I lived a month in Berlin, a month is Prague, a month in Krakow....

This is from our blog, it will help you understand better what we're doing: Your Guide for Perpetual Travel, Adventure & Romance.- VanofVictory.com

What is the Van of Victory?

The Van of Victory is not simply a mode of Transportation – it is a philosophy, a way of life, and a calling.

Our lifestyle is based on the idea that we should take advantage of the endless possibilities and freedoms bestowed upon us by the 21st century. Rather than follow in the footsteps of our parents, conform to society’s expectations, and accept commonly followed conventions, we chose to leave the comfort of our communities and become citizens of the world, following the road wherever it may take us, on a journey of perpetual travel and self discovery, leaving preconceptions, routines and most of our possessions behind.

We live in a time bursting with opportunities. Technological advancements offer us possibilities that can be used to a previously unimaginable extent. We are now freer than we’ve ever been before, free to pursue a lifestyle of exploration, discovery and adventure, on a global scale.

Our lifestyle requires a commitment to non-commitment, an ability and willingness to exploit the digital world for income, and a desire to meet people of other cultures with an open heart. It also requires acceptance to experiencing times of loneliness, uncertainly, self doubt and other known, and unknown, challenges presented by the journey.

This blog is meant to describe and detail this lifestyle, a voyage of self and world discovery, wild adventures, and sexual conquests. We hope to offer insight into the lives of two individuals who have chosen to let go of most social norms and design their lives according to their own beliefs and abilities rather than accept a lifestyle which was put together for them by others.

We’re confident that you’ll enjoy the ride as much as we do and hope to encourage you to start a journey of your own.
Who Are We?

Individually we’ve been traveling for years. David left his home country, Israel, right after finishing his mandatory military service and traveled around the world for a year before settling down in Budapest for a few years. Traveling almost every month to a different destination, he later moved to London for a couple of years and finally to New York for a year, before going on the road permanently again in 2011.

Aaron dreamed of traveling since he was a young kid reading the world atlas in his small home town in New Brunswick, Canada. After college he spent a year living in Israel and then moved to Boston for several months. In 2007 he settled in Toronto, taking brief trips to Hong Kong, Costa Rica, and Brazil. In 2009 he decided to let go of his apartment in Toronto and most of his possessions and has been perpetually traveling ever since; living for months at a time in destinations such as Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, and Koh Phangan.
About this trip:

After meeting in Thailand in April 2011 and traveling together for a month, first to Phi Phi and later to Bangkok, Aaron returned home to Canada for the summer while David settled down in Ibiza for three months.

We met again in November 2011, in Stockholm, planning on backpacking together through Europe, while working on a joint project, writing a feature length script together. After traveling in the Scandinavias for about a month we realized that the combination of backpacking, script-writing, and our individual work, would be too much of a load, so we began renting apartments in various cities, a month in each place, giving us more time to concentrate on our various projects. We first settled down in Prague, then in Krakow, and later in Berlin. As winter turned into spring we decided to “hit the road†again, but this time in a van, completely freeing ourselves from the limitations of travel with a backpack, not confined to the scheduling and routes of buses, trains, and flights. Free to take any road, any turn and any stop, to go on long rides and park in the middle of nowhere, or the middle of somewhere. We felt that traveling with a van would be our perfect mode of transportation.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
David, I would LOVE to live like that! I wish my boyfriend thought like that- I THINK like that. SMH

He is such a conservative, traditional- and I'm the total opposite. Wow. Sounds soooooooo fun and exciting!!! Send us a postcard!

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
destinations such as Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, and Koh Phangan.
Awesome. How did you enjoy your time spent on Koh Phangan? I love the island but I've only been there a couple of times. I would love to bounce between there and Samui for a few months.

Guest682

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jul 29, 2012
Holy shit this thread is like my dream. I am currently downsizing, shutting down everything and getting rid of my unnecessary possessions. I've saved some and at the moment building an online store that should be able to sustain me. I do my own design and seo, I have distributors all over the place that will drop ship for me, however I am in the stage of registering the company and am trying to explain to the states that I will have no physical location and nor will I reside in a static location so its a problem for me. If you can provide some insight maybe on my thread I can hurry up and get this store launched and start my travels. We might also be able to connect on a business level for my trip is not only for pleasure but for business research.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/as...are-able-run-company-anywhere.html#post221605

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest682

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jul 29, 2012
Since im going to be doing this , I've never been out of my country. I think I am going to start in Romania in about 3 Weeks. I thought (davidil) I read somewhere that you initially left your home country with only $2,000?

Unfortunately due to some huge set backs it looks like I will only have $8,000 to start this journey. However like I said in Incorp advice thread, I'll be running an online store remotely, hopefully that will pay my way. If not I'll do code or do web design, or graphic design, fix computers, what ever I can do to make money just to get around. Also I'll probably couchsurf for awhile to save money.

Any advice you can give for someone that's going to be roughing it would be great.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.