The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any fight (UFC, boxing) fans? Great weekend coming up

mrhahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2011
San Diego
Anyone on here UFC/MMA and/or boxing fans?

This is a great weekend for fight fans with the UFC on Fox heavyweight matchup and Pacquiao vs. Marquez III afterwards on PPV. Who are you guys rooting for?

And to those not fans of the UFC/MMA, I'm curious to know if any have seen the promos/commercials on Fox and are thinking of tuning in for the free heavyweight title match.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
And to those not fans of the UFC/MMA, I'm curious to know if any have seen the promos/commercials on Fox and are thinking of tuning in for the free heavyweight title match.

I was a fan of the older UFC (when it use to be Jui Jitsu vs Sumo, or Kickboxing vs Tae Kwan Do) and boxing (Tyson and Ali). I've seen a couple commercials, but I didn't even pay attention enough to know it was free. I probably still won't watch, but I'm gonna have to root for the guy who's expected to lose, because I like an underdog.

SuccessInMind

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 3, 2010
Santa Clara, California, United States
Anyone on here UFC/MMA and/or boxing fans?

This is a great weekend for fight fans with the UFC on Fox heavyweight matchup and Pacquiao vs. Marquez III afterwards on PPV. Who are you guys rooting for?

I'm a huge fan of both MMA and boxing! I'm definitely tuning in to both fights. As for Pacquiao vs Marquez 3, I'm rooting for Pacquiao, but other than the rivalry between the two I don't see anything really interesting about this fight. Pacquiao will definitely win. Marquez is a GREAT lightweight fighter, but he hasn't proven himself at welterweight. Pacquiao, on the other hand, has settled into the division and has beaten top competition at that weight like Clottey, Cotto, Margarito (at 150) and Mosley. If Marquez lasts longer than 6 rounds, he gets my respect.

Kind of curious to see Bradley vs Casamayor. I'm hoping Bradley puts on an impressive show since he could be Pacquiao's next opponent if the Mayweather fight negotiations don't materialize again.

Velasquez vs. Dos Santos is probably going to be the fight I will be most interested in watching this weekend. It's FREE and it's a much more interesting match up. I think if this fight happened last year, I would say Cain wins hands down since IMO he's a much more complete fighter. But Cain hasn't fought anyone since his huge victory over Brock Lesnar last year and Dos Santos has HEAVY HANDS. Rooting for Cain, but I see Dos Santos winning this one.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Readers can watch the following video about the background of each fighter to decide which one they like.

[video=youtube;zS8ETPHDAF0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS8ETPHDAF0[/video]

[video=youtube;x90DoYtN3rI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x90DoYtN3rI[/video]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mrhahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2011
San Diego
Right on, Pacquiao and JDS for me as well.

Looking for a brutal KO by Pac-man. I'm definitely hoping for the Mayweather fight when he wins. I heard rumors Sergio Martinez might be the next possible fight for Pac-man if that doesn't pull through.

I like both Cain and JDS, but I've just always been more fond of JDS. Both are very skilled, but outside the ring JDS has a more likeable personality as well. I'm hoping it's both a war both standing and on the ground. It would be sweet to see JDS submit Cain, but a TKO is more in the cards.

I also wished the Henderson vs Guida fight was going to be shown. It would have showcased a very high paced lightweight fight to casual/new fans to MMA.

Btw the whole card is free, aside from the main fight, on Fox sports net.com if I recall.

RealOG

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 20, 2007
Austin, Texas, United States
UFC, rooting for Velasquez. He is much more brutal finisher and that is what fans like. Plus, he is American - always gotta root for the USA. On a side note, root for Ben Henderson and Matt Lucas. My company works with both those guys and they are total and complete gentlemen. Hoping for crowd pleasing wins for both of them!

The entire card is available on FB and foxsportsnet on the web. No excuse to not see it. :)

Of course for boxing, I will be rooting for Pacman. Another gentleman of combat sports. Let's his hands do all the talking.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.