The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any BJJ folks on here?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Last edited:

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium

Video is private.

Forgot to mention spider guard is great for tall people too! That's definitely an interesting outlook on it, it's some I would definitely be interested in trying out (although I can't for a while cos of covid). Honestly though, I'm not optimistic, both my shoulders are screwed and my left knee is beginning to buckle too

I'm gonna step away a bit from those grippy moves like spider and de la riva because my fingers are going to shit and I don't want to tape them for the rest of my life. So as soon as gyms are open again, I'll focus more on no gi.

Karma gave me an knee injury because of the lateral forces. That's what happens if you're a nasty guard puller.

Will start with one lesson muay thai per week as well because I like kicking and punching.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Video is private.

I'm gonna step away a bit from those grippy moves like spider and de la riva because my fingers are going to shit and I don't want to tape them for the rest of my life. So as soon as gyms are open again, I'll focus more on no gi.

Karma gave me an knee injury because of the lateral forces. That's what happens if you're a nasty guard puller.

Will start with one lesson muay thai per week as well because I like kicking and punching.

Video should work now.

yeh ive never been a gripper so my fingers are fine. I tend to like NO GI way better anyway.
Muay Thai is awesome ive done a fair few classes now, its a different type of fitness than BJJ.

Wiggly0607

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 1, 2013
Ohio
Video should work now.

yeh ive never been a gripper so my fingers are fine. I tend to like NO GI way better anyway.
Muay Thai is awesome ive done a fair few classes now, its a different type of fitness than BJJ.

Muay Thai is so much fun. I'm going on almost 10 years now with it. Hard on the body though!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Madman1996

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 9, 2017
Netherlands
Muay Thai is so much fun. I'm going on almost 10 years now with it. Hard on the body though!
i did muay thai for 6 months it is really fun man but i found boxing to be more fun its
something that i liked since when i was a 12 year old kid i avoid sparring tough just technique
no need to take hits to the head because my plan is not to be a pro fighter just to be able to protect my
self no need to take damage your brain is something you gotta live with forever and you only have one

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I once fought a brazillian and did not tap. Perhaps my white belt with 3 stripes should be promoted to brown?

juresesko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 10, 2020
Slovenia
I just started training BJJ.
It's amazing how can one little guy completely destroy you.

What were your first impressions guys?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

advantagecp

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Feb 7, 2015
Video is private.

I'm gonna step away a bit from those grippy moves like spider and de la riva because my fingers are going to shit and I don't want to tape them for the rest of my life.
My fingers say that I should ease off on spider guard, but it plays so well into my grippy old man game. I have more fun with spider and lasso nowadays than almost anything else.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.