The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Antithetical apathy - anyone?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Marina

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 28, 2017
Itajubá - Brazil
Hey you guys, this is my first appearance here but I've been following the forum ever since I read TMF , a year and a half ago.
What brings me here is chapter 26 of Unscripted , the parts that talks about antithetical apathy. I was very moved by the entire argument, paying lot of attention and at the end I laughed at it. The laughing part actually annoyed me a bit when I thought about it because that is sort of my defense to not facing reality; so, instead of being "offended", I crack a laugh and don't bother thinking about it anymore.
Anyway, I was wondering if you guys have any examples of antithetical apathies in your own lives and how you found out. It has been buzzing my thoughts for a while so I'd love to hear some shared experiences in order to think about mine :) thankss

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

P789

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 23, 2020
Legazpi, Philippines
Try to post on any left wing subreddits about any criticism on their beliefs and you will be banned instantly.
Happened to me while experimenting on one of the subreddits I frequently visit.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyway, I was wondering if you guys have any examples of antithetical apathies in your own lives

I did, put in "spoiler" box because it is something not everyone will want to read ... sparing them from their own antithetical apathy.

Saying, "I love animals!" while eating a cheeseburger.
Saying, "The Chinese shouldn't torture and kill dogs during the Yulin Dog Festival "-- but then you have no problem eating any other slaughtered animal, because your culture and earthly geography says "THATS OK!" (all while paying someone else to do the slaughtering behind closed doors).

Writing the antithetical apathy subchapter is one of the primary reasons why I went vegan years ago.

I faced my internal incongruence and reconciled the dissonance. Because of it, I now feel more spiritually connected and years later, I've come to realize I made the right decision... heart, soul, and even healthwise.

Try to post on any left wing subreddits about any criticism on their beliefs and you will be banned instantly.
Happened to me while experimenting on one of the subreddits I frequently visit.

You just discovered that recently? It's been like that for years. Mention anything of a conservative, right-leaning perspective and Reddit will ban or censor you -- its an ideological echo chamber run like the Communist party which is not surprising, since it is owned in part by the Chinese.

While I understand Fastlane can equally be labeled an "echo chamber", my forum is a narrow niche focused on a narrow topic with a singularly defined purpose -- Reddit is supposed to be "the front page of the Internet" -- now it is the front page of what WE want you to think.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

P789

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 23, 2020
Legazpi, Philippines
You just discovered that recently? It's been like that for years. Mention anything of a conservative, right-leaning perspective and Reddit will ban or censor you -- its an ideological echo chamber run like the Communist party which is not surprising, since it is owned in part by the Chinese.
No, this isn’t the first time I discovered it but the purpose of that experiment is this: I want to confirm what the others are saying about the same issue.
and here's another thing, I used Reddit 5 months ago

Last edited:

P789

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 23, 2020
Legazpi, Philippines
Recently, a Small Investor made a video about exposing an MLM here in the Philippines where the people involved in that Network Marketing Company were severely offended that they wanted to silence her.
Screenshot (390).png
Translation:
MLM Member: Are you even Entitled? Good luck seeing you in court, prayers for you for touching us. You're stupid.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.