The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Another Virus Post.. Keep the "Big Boy" pants on.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
This is my first response to this issue.

The ONLY thing that really matters about this topic is our response as a world of people. The rest of this is just nonsense.

Our world has always been filled with disease, violence and threats from disasters. Humans are only a protected species as determined by our own society.

I would MUCH rather be dealing with this than learning that King Ragnar or Genghis Kahn were heading in my family/friends direction with conquest on their minds.

Many of us are spoiled. We think losing money and possessions are the end of the world. Hell, we don't really even know how to live with a bit of discomfort. Your village being overrun, family and friends killed. Having to go elsewhere to start over. That is something to worry about.

Most of the people on this forum live in wealthy developed nations with resources. We may have plenty of discomfort from this virus. It may cause us heartache.

But that is all relative.

I have had opportunities to die in my lifetime, but still here and kicking. Looking forward to overcoming any challenges that come my way. That is where my sense of enjoyment comes from. Any of us could die at any time. Fear of that is only taking away from our quality of life.

Let's say that we were locked in a battle with another army. Perhaps it is very cold and some of us have frostbite. We have had very little food to eat for weeks. Many of our friends have already died or are severily injured. Medical supplies are running short so that small infection you have has developed into a threat. The past period of time has felt completely hopeless but you have just had a small victory in battle.

Are you going to be happy? I would be ecstatic! Despite all the misery.

What if word just came that you won the war and it was over?

But, we go into a fear mode over something that we as individuals have very little control over. All we can do is play the hand that is dealt.

Look after your people that need the help. Do your part whatever that is. Keep smiling and keep that winning attitude.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

VentureVoyager

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Aug 19, 2017
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
I agree with your mindset, but...

Jesus, are we going to have 50 separate threads about coronavirus soon on this forum?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I agree with your mindset, but...

Jesus, are we going to have 50 separate threads about coronavirus soon on this forum?
Not trying to be a dick or attack anybody, but there's a global pandemic. Every other topic on this forum pales in comparison to info that may keep people safe and educate people. This should really be one of the only things people are talking about right now. The Entrepreneurship threads will be there when this is all over. This forum has been a really invaluable source of info on this so far.

But if you don't agree, just ignore them.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
This is my first response to this issue.

The ONLY thing that really matters about this topic is our response as a world of people. The rest of this is just nonsense.

Our world has always been filled with disease, violence and threats from disasters. Humans are only a protected species as determined by our own society.

I would MUCH rather be dealing with this than learning that King Ragnar or Genghis Kahn were heading in my family/friends direction with conquest on their minds.

Many of us are spoiled. We think losing money and possessions are the end of the world. Hell, we don't really even know how to live with a bit of discomfort. Your village being overrun, family and friends killed. Having to go elsewhere to start over. That is something to worry about.

Most of the people on this forum live in wealthy developed nations with resources. We may have plenty of discomfort from this virus. It may cause us heartache.

But that is all relative.

I have had opportunities to die in my lifetime, but still here and kicking. Looking forward to overcoming any challenges that come my way. That is where my sense of enjoyment comes from. Any of us could die at any time. Fear of that is only taking away from our quality of life.

Let's say that we were locked in a battle with another army. Perhaps it is very cold and some of us have frostbite. We have had very little food to eat for weeks. Many of our friends have already died or are severily injured. Medical supplies are running short so that small infection you have has developed into a threat. The past period of time has felt completely hopeless but you have just had a small victory in battle.

Are you going to be happy? I would be ecstatic! Despite all the misery.

What if word just came that you won the war and it was over?

But, we go into a fear mode over something that we as individuals have very little control over. All we can do is play the hand that is dealt.

Look after your people that need the help. Do your part whatever that is. Keep smiling and keep that winning attitude.
Could have only been written by a Marine.

Thanks for putting your confidence into words. Many people are going to need it, whether it be this crisis or the next. It’s a timeless message.

VentureVoyager

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Aug 19, 2017
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
Sorry, I didn't want to come across as rude or attack anyone.
I'm also interested in the topic, it's hard not to be, I just wanted to say that I don't understand why we need multiple threads about it, as if one was not enough. I just think it's easier to navigate and look for info and opinions when it's all in one place, as opposed to every forum member starting their own tread about coronavirus now.
Just my 2 cents, of course you can disagree.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Sorry, I didn't want to come across as rude or attack anyone.
I'm also interested in the topic, it's hard not to be, I just wanted to say that I don't understand why we need multiple threads about it, as if one was not enough. I just think it's easier to navigate and look for info and opinions when it's all in one place, as opposed to every forum member starting their own tread about coronavirus now.
Just my 2 cents, of course you can disagree.
The main post on this is very long. The discussion is going in a very different direction. It is very productive.

I wanted to approach this from a different perspective. If there is no interest, this post will fade away.

That is how a discussion forum works.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
There have only been a handful of times in my years of being a member of this forum that I have considered ignoring another member.
This has been one of them.

Dude, I just don't get it.
We are all here to help, encourage, and hopefully inspire. At least most of us are here for that.

And yes, there are probably 50 thousand threads around the world talking about this one subject.
So maybe one more ain't goina hurt. Especially if it is positive.

If you enjoy the honey, don't kick over the beehive.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Well said Steve. I am with you 1000%

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I would MUCH rather be dealing with this than learning that King Ragnar or Genghis Kahn were heading in my family/friends direction with conquest on their minds

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.