The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An introduction and an idea.

Idea threads

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Hello everyone,

My name is Michael, I'm turning 21 this year and I live in Australia.

Let me start off by saying this. I don't know shit, but I'm willing to learn and that's one of the major reasons I'm on this forum. To change my life and get away from the sidewalk.

I didn't complete school, nor did I go to uni. But I'm quite an idealistic person.
I've worked two jobs and I didn't enjoy it one bit. And quite honestly I'm lazy and I used to be the know it all (atleast I thought I knew it all ).

Until I read this book...

Now I realise, I really know nothing. And I'm very much okay with that because now I'm able to admit it, it has opened my mind and I feel clear and more ambitious than I ever have in my whole entire life.

Thanks to MJ's book, I feel like I've woken up a completely different person. I feel willing and able.
I've never felt this way before and now my goal right now is to show everybody in my family that I can be more than this and forfil my dads dying wish.. to make him proud.

So I have a plan,

I spoke to my Uncle who is a successful business man and we dabbled over my Idea.

The idea I offer is something that is literally not even on the market at the moment. And the audience.. World wide, kids, women, children even.

We agreed my idea is quite great.

And thanks to this book, im willing to act on it, and persue it.

So it may be a success, or it may fail. But it's okay to fail because then I can take responsibility and learn from that mistake to not make it again.

I just want to thank the Author of this book, because you changed my life. You made me realise I'm a loser on a shitty sidewalk. And you convinced me to chace my dreams and make them real.

So tomorrow I will be getting started on the prototype of the item.

Thank you for reading,
Michael.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Windsurfer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Jul 5, 2013
Minnesota
Good luck Michael and welcome to the forum.

One word of caution. Starting something that has never been done before may be a little risky. Not that I am adverse to risk, but there may be a reason nobody has ever done it before - like there is not much demand for it. Try to test out your idea as cheaply as possible before investing a lot of time or energy into it. Make sure you have a market for it. Don't just rely on the opinions of others - see who wants to put down cash for it.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Good luck Michael and welcome to the forum.

One word of caution. Starting something that has never been done before may be a little risky. Not that I am adverse to risk, but there may be a reason nobody has ever done it before - like there is not much demand for it. Try to test out your idea as cheaply as possible before investing a lot of time or energy into it. Make sure you have a market for it. Don't just rely on the opinions of others - see who wants to put down cash for it.

Thank you for your reply Windsurfer :)

I completely understand what you're getting at.

For now, I just plan to make say 100 or so, and I'll take it from there.
Nothing to large to start with mainly because I want to see how much demand as you stated that I can get for it.

The pet rock seemed pretty stupid, but it ended up being very successful.

You're right though, I wont be spending a lot. Just enough to made 100 or so to start with and when they sell and I can figure out how potentially popular they could be, I will invest more money into my idea.

I'm still very new at all this and have little understanding, but I can't learn if I don't fail or make mistakes, so it will be a good learning curve for me which ever way it goes :)

Regards,
Michael.

Jimi L

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 8, 2014
Michael,
Sounds like you are on a good start. Keep up the momentum.
Don't plan on failing, don't use the F word st all. You will come up with issues and challenges but don't say you failed. Yes Edison made hundreds on lightbulbs before he got one to work but resources today like the internet make it simpler to find stories and like minded individuals. Don't waste time and money on trial and error when careful planning and research can be done.

also, don't get disparaged if you discover someone out there had already made a product like yours. Like MJ says in the book " make it better than them."

I don't want to say good luck because luck implies you are not in control. Instead I'll say good hunting because hunting takes skill and patience. Good hunting for the fastlane.

Keep us update on how you do

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Welcome to the forum! Good luck on your venture!

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Thanks everybody,

I highly appreciate the positivity and input.

I'll sure to be keeping everybody updated on how things turn out.

Regards,
Mike

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!