The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An indentured servant for a long time

Sunrise Blvd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Nov 5, 2023
Hi,
I registered for the forum yesterday, and while doing an intro sounded awesome at the time, I chickened out and thought nah I’ll just lurk and that’ll be me.

But it’s just an intro, and MJ suggests it’s a good way to start here, so for real I want to post this and say, thanks MJ for the suggestion, here’s my intro and I’ll get started here and try and get as much info and gold out of the forum that I can!

I’m 42, I’ve been working full time as Meat Cutter/butcher since I was about 17. As a young man working full time is exciting and you get money to live and do whatever you want, no responsibility. I never realised at the time that I’d get older, fatter, way more tired, have lifestyle creep, costs of everything would go up as I got older.

I assumed I’d be able to live week to week and the “gravy train” would just keep going forever. I’ve been so naive and irresponsible really, but the last few years I started to realise there has to be another way to live, and that selling my time and labour for 1 or 2 days off ain’t the way.

I’m married now, with a 7 month old son. My job didn’t pay great, but I took overtime to increase the $$ I got, which made me way more tired and just over it all.

My wife has gone back to work, her job earns more than mine, so I am working 2 days per week there and the other days I am at home looking after our boy.

It’s been great spending this precious time with him, time I wouldn’t get to spend with him if I was at my job working 52 hours a week on 6 days.

But now the reality kicks in, what am I doing with my time? Will I be able to earn money independent of indentured time? Can I learn how to set up a system or find ways to earn passive income independent of a pay check that requires nearly everything I’ve got?

I’ve got a bookshelf full of books I haven’t read. I’ve got TMF , and Unscripted . I’ve read parts, but haven’t finished. I can’t put it on my profile that I’ve read them both cover to cover, so I’ve decided to put down my phone and commit to reading those 2 books for real and a couple of others too.

That’s where I’m at, I’m stoked I signed up ,I’m stoked I was able to write my intro and I’m keen to learn as much as I can. Sorry if the long story should have been in another thread I just went in and posted it.
Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Hi,
I registered for the forum yesterday, and while doing an intro sounded awesome at the time, I chickened out and thought nah I’ll just lurk and that’ll be me.

But it’s just an intro, and MJ suggests it’s a good way to start here, so for real I want to post this and say, thanks MJ for the suggestion, here’s my intro and I’ll get started here and try and get as much info and gold out of the forum that I can!

I’m 42, I’ve been working full time as Meat Cutter/butcher since I was about 17. As a young man working full time is exciting and you get money to live and do whatever you want, no responsibility. I never realised at the time that I’d get older, fatter, way more tired, have lifestyle creep, costs of everything would go up as I got older.

I assumed I’d be able to live week to week and the “gravy train” would just keep going forever. I’ve been so naive and irresponsible really, but the last few years I started to realise there has to be another way to live, and that selling my time and labour for 1 or 2 days off ain’t the way.

I’m married now, with a 7 month old son. My job didn’t pay great, but I took overtime to increase the $$ I got, which made me way more tired and just over it all.

My wife has gone back to work, her job earns more than mine, so I am working 2 days per week there and the other days I am at home looking after our boy.

It’s been great spending this precious time with him, time I wouldn’t get to spend with him if I was at my job working 52 hours a week on 6 days.

But now the reality kicks in, what am I doing with my time? Will I be able to earn money independent of indentured time? Can I learn how to set up a system or find ways to earn passive income independent of a pay check that requires nearly everything I’ve got?

I’ve got a bookshelf full of books I haven’t read. I’ve got TMF , and Unscripted . I’ve read parts, but haven’t finished. I can’t put it on my profile that I’ve read them both cover to cover, so I’ve decided to put down my phone and commit to reading those 2 books for real and a couple of others too.

That’s where I’m at, I’m stoked I signed up ,I’m stoked I was able to write my intro and I’m keen to learn as much as I can. Sorry if the long story should have been in another thread I just went in and posted it.
Cheers
Welcome to the forum. Kids are frequently a wake-up call that the days of living week-to-week need to be over so you have some stability for your child going forward. Long road ahead, but glad you are starting this journey.

AppleTree

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 27, 2023
Welcome! Congratulations on your first step. The entreprenur journey is just a series of steps just like your first one. As long as you keep working at it(with the advice from the books), you'll definitely get there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...