What's new

An indentured servant for a long time

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Sunrise Blvd

New Contributor
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
1
Rep Bank
$50
User Power: 500%
Hi,
I registered for the forum yesterday, and while doing an intro sounded awesome at the time, I chickened out and thought nah I’ll just lurk and that’ll be me.

But it’s just an intro, and MJ suggests it’s a good way to start here, so for real I want to post this and say, thanks MJ for the suggestion, here’s my intro and I’ll get started here and try and get as much info and gold out of the forum that I can!

I’m 42, I’ve been working full time as Meat Cutter/butcher since I was about 17. As a young man working full time is exciting and you get money to live and do whatever you want, no responsibility. I never realised at the time that I’d get older, fatter, way more tired, have lifestyle creep, costs of everything would go up as I got older.

I assumed I’d be able to live week to week and the “gravy train” would just keep going forever. I’ve been so naive and irresponsible really, but the last few years I started to realise there has to be another way to live, and that selling my time and labour for 1 or 2 days off ain’t the way.

I’m married now, with a 7 month old son. My job didn’t pay great, but I took overtime to increase the $$ I got, which made me way more tired and just over it all.

My wife has gone back to work, her job earns more than mine, so I am working 2 days per week there and the other days I am at home looking after our boy.

It’s been great spending this precious time with him, time I wouldn’t get to spend with him if I was at my job working 52 hours a week on 6 days.

But now the reality kicks in, what am I doing with my time? Will I be able to earn money independent of indentured time? Can I learn how to set up a system or find ways to earn passive income independent of a pay check that requires nearly everything I’ve got?

I’ve got a bookshelf full of books I haven’t read. I’ve got TMF , and Unscripted . I’ve read parts, but haven’t finished. I can’t put it on my profile that I’ve read them both cover to cover, so I’ve decided to put down my phone and commit to reading those 2 books for real and a couple of others too.

That’s where I’m at, I’m stoked I signed up ,I’m stoked I was able to write my intro and I’m keen to learn as much as I can. Sorry if the long story should have been in another thread I just went in and posted it.
Cheers
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Jo,
O sihotvisif gus vji gusan zitvisfez, epf xjomi fuoph ep opvsu tuapfif exituni ev vji voni, O djodlipif uav epf vjuahjv pej O’mm katv masl epf vjev’mm ci ni.

Cav ov’t katv ep opvsu, epf NK tahhitvt ov’t e huuf xez vu tvesv jisi, tu gus siem O xepv vu qutv vjot epf tez, vjeplt NK gus vji tahhitvoup, jisi’t nz opvsu epf O’mm hiv tvesvif jisi epf vsz epf hiv et nadj opgu epf humf uav ug vji gusan vjev O dep!

O’n 42, O’wi ciip xusloph gamm voni et Niev Davvis/cavdjis topdi O xet ecuav 17. Et e zuaph nep xusloph gamm voni ot iydovoph epf zua hiv nupiz vu mowi epf fu xjeviwis zua xepv, pu sitquptocomovz. O piwis siemotif ev vji voni vjev O’f hiv umfis, gevvis, xez nusi vosif, jewi mogitvzmi dsiiq, dutvt ug iwiszvjoph xuamf hu aq et O huv umfis.

O ettanif O’f ci ecmi vu mowi xiil vu xiil epf vji “hsewz vseop” xuamf katv liiq huoph gusiwis. O’wi ciip tu peowi epf ossitquptocmi siemmz, cav vji metv gix ziest O tvesvif vu siemoti vjisi jet vu ci epuvjis xez vu mowi, epf vjev timmoph nz voni epf mecuas gus 1 us 2 fezt ugg eop’v vji xez.

O’n nessoif pux, xovj e 7 nupvj umf tup. Nz kuc fofp’v qez hsiev, cav O vuul uwisvoni vu opdsieti vji $$ O huv, xjodj nefi ni xez nusi vosif epf katv uwis ov emm.

Nz xogi jet hupi cedl vu xusl, jis kuc iespt nusi vjep nopi, tu O en xusloph 2 fezt qis xiil vjisi epf vji uvjis fezt O en ev juni muuloph egvis uas cuz.

Ov’t ciip hsiev tqipfoph vjot qsidouat voni xovj jon, voni O xuamfp’v hiv vu tqipf xovj jon og O xet ev nz kuc xusloph 52 juast e xiil up 6 fezt.

Cav pux vji siemovz lodlt op, xjev en O fuoph xovj nz voni? Xomm O ci ecmi vu iesp nupiz opfiqipfipv ug opfipvasif voni? Dep O miesp jux vu tiv aq e tztvin us gopf xezt vu iesp qettowi opduni opfiqipfipv ug e qez djidl vjev siraosit piesmz iwiszvjoph O’wi huv?

O’wi huv e cuultjimg gamm ug cuult O jewip’v sief. O’wi huv VNG, epf Aptdsoqvif. O’wi sief qesvt, cav jewip’v gopotjif. O dep’v qav ov up nz qsugomi vjev O’wi sief vjin cuvj duwis vu duwis, tu O’wi fidofif vu qav fuxp nz qjupi epf dunnov vu siefoph vjuti 2 cuult gus siem epf e duaqmi ug uvjist vuu.

Vjev’t xjisi O’n ev, O’n tvulif O tohpif aq ,O’n tvulif O xet ecmi vu xsovi nz opvsu epf O’n liip vu miesp et nadj et O dep. Tussz og vji muph tvusz tjuamf jewi ciip op epuvjis vjsief O katv xipv op epf qutvif ov.
Djiist
Ximduni vu vji gusan. Loft esi gsiraipvmz e xeli-aq demm vjev vji fezt ug mowoph xiil-vu-xiil piif vu ci uwis tu zua jewi tuni tvecomovz gus zuas djomf huoph gusxesf. Muph suef ejief, cav hmef zua esi tvesvoph vjot kuaspiz.
 
Ximduni! Duphsevamevoupt up zuas gostv tviq. Vji ipvsiqsipas kuaspiz ot katv e tisoit ug tviqt katv moli zuas gostv upi. Et muph et zua liiq xusloph ev ov(xovj vji efwodi gsun vji cuult), zua'mm figopovimz hiv vjisi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom