The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An advertisement I found interesting

Marketing, social media, advertising

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Long post incoming!! TL;DR: sell them a positive reward, not a negative consequence.

It's simple: We'll use a model I'll go ahead and call the Xavier X model (regular X marks the spot, but the Xavier X marks the SWEET spot. <-- I'm so cheesy [emoji2]).

Let's say a given scale of 1 - 100 is calibrated with:
The state of fear, anxiety and paranoia at 1
The average person's default rest state at 50
The state of complete peace of mind at 100

The sweet spot of selling to them without evoking all their childhood nightmares is between 75 and 95.
The goal is to move in the direction of what makes them more comfortable, versus what makes them more anxious.

There are two approaches one could focus on:
1. Positive reward approach:
Seller: This home security system offers XYZ features, which allow you enjoy your time at the park with your kids even more. As you can monitor your home on your phone and rest assured the house is secure.
Customer: Wow! That's super cool, and would be great to have [emoji41].

2. Fear-based approach:
Seller: From January to September this year, according to YourTown Police Department, there have been 6.942 million home invasions, burglaries and break-ins in your neighborhood ALONE! You need to buy this, or I can't guarantee you won't be included in the next statistic update.
Customer: OMG![emoji33] I'm going to have a heart attack. So I could be next?
Seller: Damn near guaranteed, I tell you.

From the many years I worked in sales, I can say confidently that manipulative selling leads to high rates of churn and buyer remorse. Value-based selling leads to happy customers, referrals and repeat business.

I won regional awards for being number one on customer satisfaction score rankings - multiple times. Regional directors would send under-performing workers to come shadow me for a few days to find out and learn why customers loved me. It was simple - don't bullshit or manipulate them.

I used to be an under-performing salesman, with bad customer feedback scores about to lose his job. It took the realization and implementation of this to turn that ship all the way around, until I resigned. Even after mentally checking out for the last few months, I still walked to my car on my last day with a number one regional customer satisfaction award in hand (quarterly awards event).

Let me even whip out the ol' Microsoft Paint and doodle this model, for the more visually inclined ones.

View attachment 21858

Shit man... this is a great post

F*cking touché

you’re right

i’ll rep you when I’m not mobile

actually you’re right. I remember reading about the case study of febreeze. Scientists found it like... totally eliminated odors. One lady who worked with skunks said the skunk smell was ruining her life. She couldn’t find dates. People ran away from her. Febrezze let her test the product and it worked amazing! it completely eliminated the odor! not masked. it eliminated (how it does that is complex science but the febreeze molecules basically wrap themselves around other molecules rendering them scent less. it was a miracle! so of course, this is the approach they took with their ads. It eliminated bad smells. and they weren’t lying.. it was an amazing product. Problem was.... it didn’t sell shit. then they turned the marketing around to show housewives spraying a little spritz after cleaning. It was a little reward at the end. they sold millions and that’s how they became an international brand

reduce pain? nothing
increase pleasure? TAKE MY MONEY RIGHT NOW

i forgot about this when i posted this video

you should copy this to a new thread cuz i think it deserves it

even the diagram is great

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Long post incoming!! TL;DR: sell them a positive reward, not a negative consequence.

It's simple: We'll use a model I'll go ahead and call the Xavier X model (regular X marks the spot, but the Xavier X marks the SWEET spot. <-- I'm so cheesy :smile:).

Let's say a given scale of 1 - 100 is calibrated with:
The state of fear, anxiety and paranoia at 1
The average person's
default rest state at 50
The state of complete peace of mind at 100

The sweet spot of selling to them without evoking all their childhood nightmares is between 75 and 95.
The goal is to move in the direction of what makes them more comfortable, versus what makes them more anxious.

There are two approaches one could focus on:
1. Positive reward approach:
Seller:
This home security system offers XYZ features, which allow you enjoy your time at the park with your kids even more. As you can monitor your home on your phone and rest assured the house is secure.
Customer: Wow! That's super cool, and would be great to have :cool:.

2. Fear-based approach:
Seller:
From January to September this year, according to YourTown Police Department, there have been 6.942 million home invasions, burglaries and break-ins in your neighborhood ALONE! You need to buy this, or I can't guarantee you won't be included in the next statistic update.
Customer: OMG!:eek: I'm going to have a heart attack. So I could be next?
Seller: Damn near guaranteed, I tell you.

From the many years I worked in sales, I can say confidently that manipulative selling leads to high rates of churn and buyer remorse. Value-based selling leads to happy customers, referrals and repeat business.

I won regional awards for being number one on customer satisfaction score rankings - multiple times. Regional directors would send under-performing workers to come shadow me for a few days to find out and learn why customers loved me. It was simple - don't bullshit or manipulate them.

I used to be an under-performing salesman, with bad customer feedback scores about to lose his job. It took the realization and implementation of this to turn that ship all the way around, until I resigned. Even after mentally checking out for the last few months, I still walked to my car on my last day with a number one regional customer satisfaction award in hand (quarterly awards event).

Let me even whip out the ol' Microsoft Paint and doodle this model, for the more visually inclined ones.

View attachment 21858

Great post. +rep

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!