The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Ameritrade

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Anyone else actively trade with Ameritrade? This is the third time in the past year that they have crapped out due to the high volitility in the market. I cannot access my account right now. The last time this happened, I missed a great buy, and all they gave me was 5 free trades.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
Yeah I saw a lot of that rant over on another board. I was with Ameritrade once upon a time, but ever since going to Thinkorswim I can't imagine going anywhere else. If you don't trade options it probably doesn't make as much difference, but if you do, you should check them out.

REI

New Contributor
Oct 2, 2007
I used to day trade with Ameritrade back in 1998 and 1999. I remember being short Providian Financial and lost $3K. I could not get into my account to cover my position. They compensated with a few dollars. After that day, I left Ameritrade and went to E*trade. I haven’t day trade in a long time. So, I don’t if E*trade is good or not. But, I would definitely stay away from Ameritrade.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
Ameritrade does a great job if you trade pink sheets and if you have complicated dividend structures ie foreign spin offs...

but I wholly agree that Ameritrade really eff'd up big time today. only got 7 trades off early today, but then I seriously lost out on some great opportunities early today due to Ameritrade's locking up ...now considering opening accounts with other firms to have some flexibility.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom