The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

American living in Europe-How to accept money anonymously on my website?

pegasus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 30, 2011

Hello everyone,

I started a couple of informational websites as hobbies and even though both sites don't get so many visitors, the people who do visit the site find the info so useful that a few write me and ask if they could donate to my site.

The information I provide on my site is based on my "real work" experience, but I use generic names and situations to present it, to keep my name and past clients out of the picture.

I looked into using paypal to accept donations, but if I put a donate paypal button on the site, my name would come up, and can't have that happen as I'm in a small industry, and that would be a bad idea for obvious reasons.

The other thing is that even though I'm a USA citizen, currently I live in Europe, but visit family in the USA every so often and specifically, I keep a Florida driver's license using my parent's address, that way I can have credit cards,etc

On my last visit there, I enquired about registering a business in that area, but on the specific city where my parents live, there was an additional tax, which I thought was lame.

I've read all types of conflicting information---some say to incorporate in states like Delaware, Nevada, etc, while others say to incorporate in the state you live.

Thus, my main question is---any ideas on how to "accept" donations on my site without revealing my name? And yes, I understand that even if I get a business name, somebody can still get my real name if they were adamant about it, but that's better than my name coming up each time a person is ready to click pay on the paypal button.

Looking forward to any suggestions,

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cilaes

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Mar 3, 2011
Create a PP business account, Paypal will only show people your DBA name.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.