The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Am I stupid for changing idea?

Idea threads

Zain Miah

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Nov 4, 2022
MJ preaches monogamy in his books and right now I have two main ideas, one being a protein drink and one being a saas. I've took some feedback on board from this forum and realised the protein drink may not be the best thing since of the competition and despite my value skews, it is still going to end up being a product that has to be marketed heavily and tbh i don't see it being a productocracy after doing market research. I looked at potential numbers it could make and also realised it wouldn't be worth pursuing when i could do something elese and make way more for the same time.

I've done some research on the SAAS idea and I think it is definetely something I want to pursue as I can see it being a productocracy by building a forum in that niche as all the current ones look very old fashioned and barely used (4-5 times only this year) however it now comes that there is two main approaches to getting it built.
1) Learn to code from scratch and start coding it myself - I have 0 coding experience
2) Pay someone else to code it - this route is expensive I am going to assume it'll cost multiple 6 figures which I dont have so would need to start a different business to fund this and even then there is no guarantee I can get to that point quicker than doing it myself

I am not sure if i should take option 1 or 2
Would love to hear everyones thoughts on this and anything else in general that comes to mind when reading this. I am trying to get to the fastlane so say what you gotta say no hard feelings

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Masterklm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 15, 2023
Honestly I think it depends if they are needed , if the forum is needed and wanted then I would say do that but I believe you would have to code it yourself, I've been coding a website and learning to code for the past few months and it's not easy therefore it would definitely be expensive to pay someone so I would just say do it yourself, with a good learning plan and research you could do it and it costs you mostly nothing to start a website these days. You can't just throw a big project like a forum to a freelancer that take a lot of time. And what if you need to change something and you don't understand code, you basically depend on that freelancer, well I think is basically the same as not owning the forum.
So in conclusion, I think just pick the one that is most needed and execute Amazingly.

Hope this helped Good luck

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
MJ preaches monogamy in his books and right now I have two main ideas, one being a protein drink and one being a saas. I've took some feedback on board from this forum and realised the protein drink may not be the best thing since of the competition and despite my value skews, it is still going to end up being a product that has to be marketed heavily and tbh i don't see it being a productocracy after doing market research. I looked at potential numbers it could make and also realised it wouldn't be worth pursuing when i could do something elese and make way more for the same time.

I've done some research on the SAAS idea and I think it is definetely something I want to pursue as I can see it being a productocracy by building a forum in that niche as all the current ones look very old fashioned and barely used (4-5 times only this year) however it now comes that there is two main approaches to getting it built.
1) Learn to code from scratch and start coding it myself - I have 0 coding experience
2) Pay someone else to code it - this route is expensive I am going to assume it'll cost multiple 6 figures which I dont have so would need to start a different business to fund this and even then there is no guarantee I can get to that point quicker than doing it myself

I am not sure if i should take option 1 or 2
Would love to hear everyones thoughts on this and anything else in general that comes to mind when reading this. I am trying to get to the fastlane so say what you gotta say no hard feelings
Switching ideas is often a form of procrastination.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Sorry, that answer was a bit glib, it's just I hear myself in you. Switching ideas is a curse, so hopefully you don't keep doing it.

As far as the saas question is concerned, you might want to take a look at this thread if you haven't already.

Jeix

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Oct 1, 2018
Milan, Italy
I can see it being a productocracy by building a forum in that niche as all the current ones look very old fashioned and barely used (4-5 times only this year)
How do you see it being a productocracy when the current forums being used in your niche are barely even visited? Are you sure there's a market or have people simply moved onto discord servers? Whatever you are trying to do, it seems long dead to me if this is what you find by looking online.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.