What's new

Am I putting myself into the slowlane trap?

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

NickC

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Jan 20, 2017
Messages
86
Location
Chicago
Rep Bank
$540
User Power: 119%
First off I'd like to start this thread by saying I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post something like this and I apologize if it isn't.

I'll try to keep this as brief as possible because I could go on forever.

Brief background I am currently 23 years old and I work construction in Chicago. I've been doing this for years and have been living with my dad. This is not what i'd like to be doing my entire life and the fastlane has always been in the back of my head for years. Currently I have basically 0 bills except phone gym and car insurance. But, a few weeks ago I took the leap and put an offer on a home which the seller accepted. At first I was very happy and my family members also congratulated me on being well off and purchasing a home at a young age. Everyone was proud and i was happy with my decision.

Fast forward to now a few weeks later, which I am still going through the purchasing process. I feel stupid. Like I ruined my shot at giving myself opportunities to make something more of myself. I have worked out the numbers and I certainly wont be struggling, but I've taken my potential dollars saved monthly down from 2400 to 1300. I wasn't forced to move out but I am engaged now and feel it's necessary. An average apartment in my area would cost about 150-200 less per month than my mortgage. I could still potentially back out of the deal if I really wanted to but I'm really struggling with my own decisions and don't know what I should do. Any input/advice? Thanks
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom