The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Am I crazy?

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
I'm 16 years old with about $2,000 to my name. I've been really interested in creating a start-up for the past few years. Due to my low finances, e-businesses have appealed to me but my lack of web design skills have prevented me from creating a worthwhile company.

I recently saw the movie "Who Killed the Electric Car?" and I also read the story behind Tesla Motors in Inc. Magazine. I have a huge passion for cars and I think I could create a successful electric car start up. I really don't want to give up my ideas so I'm not really going to go too far in detail.

I've been thinking about creating a business plan for this start-up idea even though I couldn't possibly go through with it. Is it possible for me to sell my idea? Is that possible? I guess I could try to find funding but I know that even if I was handed the required funds I wouldn't have the resources or time to manage something like this by my self.

Am I crazy?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dejan M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 9, 2008
Slovenia, Europe
And don´t forget that Tatra is now funding a company for the air car. Not to discourage you but this is a very, very competitive and complex industry. And with 2000 $ you might be a little short. ;)

I would suggest you try to bind your car enthusiasm with internet in some way. Start exploring, educate yourself and find a niche that you could do well in.

My 2c. :)

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
How about you start an e-business that specializes in alternative fuel cars. Like a cars.com for electric powered, air powered, frying oil powered, etc, cars?

-Andrew

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
How about you start an e-business that specializes in alternative fuel cars. Like a cars.com for electric powered, air powered, frying oil powered, etc, cars?

-Andrew

This is a good point. You could even start by offering to do conversions for people. Some conversions are as simple as changing out 2-3 small parts.

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
That's another great idea. I forgot to mention to you, djs13, people aren't going to buy ideas.

MrPink

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Feb 26, 2008
Toledo, OH
I feel like people buy ideas all the time.

For example, buying a book for the ideas inside of it...

I think many people attend college to buy ideas - paying for what is taught...

Mr. Pink

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
I see what you mean. But a book is a tangible good and I see what you mean for college. However, in the case of what djs13 is talking about, it's not feasible. People will buy INTO ideas (funding), but they won't buy ideas (here's a million for your idea for an electric car company). Many people have the same type of ideas.

-Andrew

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.