The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Like to post a video from your YouTube channel? Want to promote your design service? Recommend a company? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote whatever you'd like within the realm of entrepreneurship on one central thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

Am I crazy?

djs13

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Oct 3, 2007
NY
I'm 16 years old with about $2,000 to my name. I've been really interested in creating a start-up for the past few years. Due to my low finances, e-businesses have appealed to me but my lack of web design skills have prevented me from creating a worthwhile company.

I recently saw the movie "Who Killed the Electric Car?" and I also read the story behind Tesla Motors in Inc. Magazine. I have a huge passion for cars and I think I could create a successful electric car start up. I really don't want to give up my ideas so I'm not really going to go too far in detail.

I've been thinking about creating a business plan for this start-up idea even though I couldn't possibly go through with it. Is it possible for me to sell my idea? Is that possible? I guess I could try to find funding but I know that even if I was handed the required funds I wouldn't have the resources or time to manage something like this by my self.

Am I crazy?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Dejan M

New Contributor
Mar 9, 2008
Slovenia, Europe
And don´t forget that Tatra is now funding a company for the air car. Not to discourage you but this is a very, very competitive and complex industry. And with 2000 $ you might be a little short. ;)

I would suggest you try to bind your car enthusiasm with internet in some way. Start exploring, educate yourself and find a niche that you could do well in.

My 2c. :)

AndrewG

Contributor
Nov 3, 2007
How about you start an e-business that specializes in alternative fuel cars. Like a cars.com for electric powered, air powered, frying oil powered, etc, cars?

-Andrew

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
How about you start an e-business that specializes in alternative fuel cars. Like a cars.com for electric powered, air powered, frying oil powered, etc, cars?

-Andrew
This is a good point. You could even start by offering to do conversions for people. Some conversions are as simple as changing out 2-3 small parts.

AndrewG

Contributor
Nov 3, 2007
That's another great idea. I forgot to mention to you, djs13, people aren't going to buy ideas.

MrPink

Contributor
Feb 26, 2008
Toledo, OH
I feel like people buy ideas all the time.

For example, buying a book for the ideas inside of it...

I think many people attend college to buy ideas - paying for what is taught...

Mr. Pink

AndrewG

Contributor
Nov 3, 2007
I see what you mean. But a book is a tangible good and I see what you mean for college. However, in the case of what djs13 is talking about, it's not feasible. People will buy INTO ideas (funding), but they won't buy ideas (here's a million for your idea for an electric car company). Many people have the same type of ideas.

-Andrew

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom