Today I learned, always do your own research. I hired a lawyer to write my terms of service, privacy policy, file my LLC, and to consult with. After hiring her, I started to have a feeling she wasn't the best lawyer around.
When consulting with her, she told me she doesn't see any legal issues with my business. I did my own research to find out there are quite a few things I need to be careful for! Had I continued with my exact direction of my business I could have ran into large fines and possibly even jail time for not following a law pertaining to my business.
That just goes to show, always do your own research. It could save you a lot of money and trouble.
When consulting with her, she told me she doesn't see any legal issues with my business. I did my own research to find out there are quite a few things I need to be careful for! Had I continued with my exact direction of my business I could have ran into large fines and possibly even jail time for not following a law pertaining to my business.
That just goes to show, always do your own research. It could save you a lot of money and trouble.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
