Well, long story short, I joined the Air Force (US) spent 7 years looking forward to the day I could be free again and achieve financial freedom. I got out a year ago, lost all my savings in the first six months, trading in the stock market, then lost all my emergency funds paying bills. So, I got another job, it's a really tough job, it even made it onto worlds most dangerous jobs. It pays more than the military, but I wake up a 4:30, work, come home tired as shit, watch tv, and fall asleep. I got tired of tv and started reading fictional books like star wars. I went on amazon to by another book (Mass Effect, written by the guy who wrote Darth Bane series) and accidentally clicked on the opening amazon page, shit I hate when I do that, and I never buy the crap it suggests. I was taken to the "recommendation" by the accidental click and saw a lambo on the cover of a book that said millionaire. I said "oh god" heres another a$$ hole telling me how rich he is and all it took was pimping out his children in thailand. I'm not reading this stupid book, five stars!, damn. This guy must have hacked amazons rating system. Well I'll go see if i can download it on google for free. Damnit no luck. So I bought it, I hate buying books like this, such a waste, plus amazon recommended it, now amazon is laughing at me for being so stupid to buy the stuff it throws in my face. Two days later, I'm furious, how the f&*@ could i have forgotten my dreams again! If I just wanted a job I could have stayed in the military, I want freedom.
That was one awesome book.
Next day, today, I joined the forum. Then I get an email from the attorney closing my dads estate. He died in 2004, I thought it would never close, had forgotten about it. Well guess what, I'm getting $30k, now if this wasn't meant to be then punch me in the face and kick my groin now. Just 3 days ago I would have taken $30k and tried to finance a Z06. Now I want to start a business and be financially free. I still got a long way to go, but with this forum I plan to take this seed and grow a damn Hawaiian money tree. Oh I'm not originally from Hawaii. While in the military I bought a condo for $290,000 and now its worth $240,000, so I can't leave. I pay $2300 (mtg + maint.) a month and they rent for $1600.
What should I do now? I have failed at business several times. How do I actually make this work now. MJ went into super detail, but I still don't know what to do. I was thinking a condo for rental in waikiki, but that would only generate a couple hundred in cash-flow, and only way to make it work would be massive iteration, which would take many more seeds. I was thinking a bootstrap internet biz and save the 30k, but I really have no idea. I'm going to go roam the forums and check back here often for bad a$$ ideas.
Thanks for the book MJ and the forum, time to make freedom my reality!
I tried to PM MJ to tell him how his book changed my life and it (my computer) said I wasn't worthy of PM'ing MJ. :nonod: I cried. Couldn't it just let me PM MJ then MJ could automatically delete it, that would have been cool.
That was one awesome book.
Next day, today, I joined the forum. Then I get an email from the attorney closing my dads estate. He died in 2004, I thought it would never close, had forgotten about it. Well guess what, I'm getting $30k, now if this wasn't meant to be then punch me in the face and kick my groin now. Just 3 days ago I would have taken $30k and tried to finance a Z06. Now I want to start a business and be financially free. I still got a long way to go, but with this forum I plan to take this seed and grow a damn Hawaiian money tree. Oh I'm not originally from Hawaii. While in the military I bought a condo for $290,000 and now its worth $240,000, so I can't leave. I pay $2300 (mtg + maint.) a month and they rent for $1600.
What should I do now? I have failed at business several times. How do I actually make this work now. MJ went into super detail, but I still don't know what to do. I was thinking a condo for rental in waikiki, but that would only generate a couple hundred in cash-flow, and only way to make it work would be massive iteration, which would take many more seeds. I was thinking a bootstrap internet biz and save the 30k, but I really have no idea. I'm going to go roam the forums and check back here often for bad a$$ ideas.
Thanks for the book MJ and the forum, time to make freedom my reality!
I tried to PM MJ to tell him how his book changed my life and it (my computer) said I wasn't worthy of PM'ing MJ. :nonod: I cried. Couldn't it just let me PM MJ then MJ could automatically delete it, that would have been cool.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
