Fox
Platinum Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
But from a bigger picture pov society should promotes a culture that encourages standing up and helping strangers in need. If you over promote a culture that breeds apathy, it will eventually backfire. Image one of your family member had a heart attack in the CBD area, everyone just walks past in a rush, thinking someone else will do something, and don’t let anything get int their way to their next zoom sales call 15 min later.
Exactly, if you no one is willing to act it can quickly slide into other areas... a heart attack on a street, a car crash, a house on fire.
I'll try weigh up the risks better, but I respect (and aim to be) someone who goes in first when others are in spectator mode.
Story time:
When I lived in Mexico City there was a crazy rainstorm one day. I was driving back home through the hills around Santa Fe and there was a ton of traffic on this double lane road.
When I got to the top there was this massive round boulder that had rolled down and was blocking one of the lanes - so all the traffic was from everyone trying to merge. In my mind I was tempted to just drive on, but I was like... this could be moved ha.
So I got out of the car and started trying to roll it in the pissing rain. Next thing a guy gets off a motorbike and starts to help too. Then another motorbike guy, then someone from a car. Soon we had like six guys and got it rolled off the road. Was a super fun moment - just some random dudes fixing something together in a storm.
In my mind you can "vote" for the world you want in two ways: what you do and how you spend your money. So these kind of scenarios matter to me. Otherwise its just making money in fear mode and withdrawing from society.
And... I get to tone down the risky scenarios. Just saying overall here, it is good to be someone who jumps in when needed.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?


