The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

allow me to introduce myself

onmyway

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 18, 2010
VA
hello forum!!! I must say this is best site by far to Learn about business that I have ever came across its really helpful. Moving on, I'm a 21 yr old guy from Richmond Va,who is thinking about buying a business. Ive been trying to learn more about business before I jump into anything. I'm also interested in investing too and my goal is to hopefully a be a millionaire or close to it by time I'm 27 just in time to for my class reunion. That's all for now.

ps: MJ you are really inspirational I read your story and im aiming to be in a position just like you and the other millionaires in the fastlane. Young , successful, and a Lambo owner I just love these cars.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Welcome to the fastlane. Can you tell us a little more about the biz you may be buying? Wouldn't be a franchise, would it?

TOLDUSO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 29, 2008
New Orleans
Welcome to the fastlane. Can you tell us a little more about the biz you may be buying? Wouldn't be a franchise, would it?

Hope you're not suggesting there is anything wrong with operating a franchise... :smug2:

While it is generally (and obviously) better to be the one franchising vs. operating and paying the fees, there is still a lot of capital to be made operating franchises. Just sayin :coolgleamA:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Hope you're not suggesting there is anything wrong with operating a franchise... :smug2:

While it is generally (and obviously) better to be the one franchising vs. operating and paying the fees, there is still a lot of capital to be made operating franchises. Just sayin :coolgleamA:

Maybe, but most franchise buyers I know of just buy themselves an expensive job. They are not in a position of control. They have to rely on the franchisee for input. Sorry, not a fan of buying a franchise.

onmyway

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 18, 2010
VA
No im not interested in buying a franchise at the moment. I have been looking into a auto body repair businesses at the moment but im going to still keep on looking.

TOLDUSO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 29, 2008
New Orleans
Maybe, but most franchise buyers I know of just buy themselves an expensive job. They are not in a position of control. They have to rely on the franchisee for input. Sorry, not a fan of buying a franchise.

I totally agree with you. And while this is probably not the right thread or section to start a debate, there are definitely exceptions to the rule depending on the exact franchise. I "know" folks who put in less than 30 hours a week operating multiple locations of the same chain. Easy income once you get good folks put in place under you and your money/investment starts working for you.

Lance Johnson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Mar 10, 2010
Richmond, VA
Dude, it's a small world! I'm a 21 year old in Richmond as well. Right now I'm living in the museum district. Where do you live at?

What kind of business are you thinking about buying! Rep RVA!

TOLDUSO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 29, 2008
New Orleans
:rofl:LOL TOLDUSO!!! I see you changed your avitar from a snail (slowlane):smx8: to Doc (Fastlane):frocket:.

My avatar was due for a makeover. It's been the turbo-snail since I registered. I stop by and read often, but I don't post a whole lot. I guess it would be more fitting if I were to have changed the avatar to a troll...

It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds. :smilielol:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to our little corner of the world; glad the story has inspired. Please stick around.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...