Hi guys, I have been attempting to further continue my success with my ebay store and I'm also employed at a gaming company which although I am not happy I'm not complaining. I had perks that many employees would dream of (hour and a half lunches, Came a hour late everyday, drinking/smoking at the job, etc etc....). It might not of been the 401k everyone wants but it definitely made my day job easier. Its a small company so we knew each other.I was pretty "content" with where i was at.
Recently, I have taken the responsibility of bettering my own health and have succeeded at loosing 40+ pounds. Although most of this was due to changing my eating, I had picked up the habit of playing soccer during my entire lunches. It reminded me of my childhood on how i used to play for hours. I really was doing it daily for months and It made me look forward to come to work (had to get the work out to play).
Friday comes along and this all changed.....they pull us for a meeting and tried giving us a pep talk about how great we were doing. All of a sudden my supervisor drops the big one BTW YOU GUYS CANT LUNCH FOR 1 1/2 HOURS ANYMORE AND NO SOCCER PERIOD......no soccer period?
How can i be told that?........i got angry. Angry at the fact something i loved was taken away from me. Usually i just get angry drink and wait till tomorrow.......not this time.
This has sparked my fire to control my own future. I dont ever want to hear what i can or can not do. Now im living with a purpose compared to before where i struggled just to survive. Im glad my job gives me a reminder because apparently the ceo just didnt want us playing (only 3 people out of 14 got the lunch changed). They still come in late, lunch long, Smoke, and are never at the office but im just counting the days where i can just laugh at them for caring so much about little minor things.
This time im not going to just allow it to happen.....Folks dont let them take your "Soccer" away either because they dont care. Be safe guys and hope you guys enjoyed my little story.
Recently, I have taken the responsibility of bettering my own health and have succeeded at loosing 40+ pounds. Although most of this was due to changing my eating, I had picked up the habit of playing soccer during my entire lunches. It reminded me of my childhood on how i used to play for hours. I really was doing it daily for months and It made me look forward to come to work (had to get the work out to play).
Friday comes along and this all changed.....they pull us for a meeting and tried giving us a pep talk about how great we were doing. All of a sudden my supervisor drops the big one BTW YOU GUYS CANT LUNCH FOR 1 1/2 HOURS ANYMORE AND NO SOCCER PERIOD......no soccer period?
This has sparked my fire to control my own future. I dont ever want to hear what i can or can not do. Now im living with a purpose compared to before where i struggled just to survive. Im glad my job gives me a reminder because apparently the ceo just didnt want us playing (only 3 people out of 14 got the lunch changed). They still come in late, lunch long, Smoke, and are never at the office but im just counting the days where i can just laugh at them for caring so much about little minor things.
This time im not going to just allow it to happen.....Folks dont let them take your "Soccer" away either because they dont care. Be safe guys and hope you guys enjoyed my little story.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
