The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

All I have is Money... Best High Investment Business Ideas?

MagicPlants

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 28, 2018
-no education
-no network
-no idea
-but I made a lot of money with a couple lucky investments <3 Mil USD liquid

what type of High Investment Business Ideas come to your mind
if you have <3 Mil USD liquid.

my interests: (industrial/commercial scale)
-solar farms
-farming in general
-energy production in general
-natural resources /mining
-trading of goods
-manufacturing

most of my interests do not seem to be profitable or really hard to get licensed after researching them.

Any recommendations in these fields for a startup?
Or any other ideas if you have funds available?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This is only something you can decide for yourself. Take a look at the numbers and the history of the investments available to you and make a call based on your investment goals.

Real estate is not a bad bet in this price range. You can buy a 15 million dollar commercial building or apartment complex with an 80% LTV. That should be an appreciating, cash flowing, tax advantageous investment. If you go looking, find somewhere that you can raise the rents based on comps in the area.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Last edited:

vshetty.vs

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 11, 2014
Pune
How did you make your money?

Why not use some skills relevant to you? Is there any industry you have a headstart in?

Maybe you or someone you know has some contacts you could use.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I would be extremely careful who you take advice from here... Some of these Gordon Geckos make hundreds of dollars freelancing, arbitraging, and flipping on craigslist.

Balling so hard like that, there is no way they understand the investment needs of someone with such a minuscule liquid net worth of 3 million.

Supercar

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona
Perhaps, the best investment that you can make is in your education.

Pay some individual or institution to teach you all that you do not know but should know. Or learn it yourself, you are not in a rush to start putting food on the table, you have a lot of freedom now.

A1-GRODT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 24, 2018
Personally... I believe there is so much money in solar. I’ve been in the industry for 5 years the projects are very expensive. There’s so much that needs to be taken into account. Land, depending on how many Megawatts you’re looking to generate then there is permits and equipment such as inverters, transformers, modules and tracker system, a whole lot of cable, a substation depending if you’re looking to sell the power to a utility company. Momitoring system(SCADA) ( that’s where the big money is)

then there is O&M (Operation and Maintenance ) this would be the company that I would start... basically the owners rely on this company to take care of the site and make sure the site is running at maximum generation and performing to site specs assuring no inverters are down ( faulted inverter means loss of money) there are technicians that care for the the site with regular inspections called preventitive maintenance or “PM”, And there’s vegetation control which can be sub contracted out. This pretty good business to get in to.

NewYorkCity

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 7, 2011
You have enough to live the rest of your life relatively stress free. Is it worth it to risk it all to make more at the expense of starting from near scratch?

Why not save 2MM in the market to live off of and then take a few hundred k for a new venture?

I'm going to assume you made it in crypto or by sheer luck so you aren't some business genius so its a bad idea to just randomly dump money into random investments.

You can also buy a biz off empireflippers.com or flippa to run and grow.

Last edited:

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 27, 2016
My advice would be to choose one of these sectors and find a dude that does the work already successfully but needs money to expand. Be an investor in these areas.

I would, for example, choose food production, because I love fresh, exotic food. One of my dreams is to bring stuff like coconut water or fresh coconut to Western people's lives. To do this, I would go to Thailand and make a deal with a guy there, he would give a coconut to me for 20 cents maybe. Then I would go to a local plant and I would lease the whole plant from them and I would produce whatever I want. And I would then import it to countries where the demand is. I need about 50k$ for this, I would just guess it out of my a$$. All that hinders me is money.

Cruze

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 6, 2016
I need about 50k$ for this, I would just guess it out of my a$$. All that hinders me is money.

When you REALLY believe in this idea, 50k aren't so much money. Go to the bank, take an credit. Ask family & friends. Move your a$$, man!! Good luck!

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 27, 2016
When you REALLY believe in this idea, 50k aren't so much money. Go to the bank, take an credit. Ask family & friends. Move your a$$, man!! Good luck!

It is much money for me right now, I cannot afford to lose this.

If I had 3m, I could afford to lose 50k though.

Cruze

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 6, 2016

Yes, but you will never have 3 millions, if you don't take risk.
And if you REALLY (!) believe in your idea, you wont lose the money - on the contrary. Just my cents.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
making excuses
get 50k
what steps will you take right now to obtain 50k

change your mindset

RahKnee

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 27, 2013
-no education
-no network
-no idea

-solar farms
-farming in general
-trading of goods
-manufacturing

most of my interests do not seem to be profitable or really hard to get licensed after researching them.

I've been looking at a few investment opportunities in the US. Elder care type things with some potential. I don't want to be spammy in the forums, so if you're interested in hearing some of the details, send me a direct message.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
He posts this and never comes back.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017

Rich Wood

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jun 17, 2018
Salt Lake City, UT
Not sure the post is real, but will help out in any case.
Depends on if you want to be active or passive, and what you are comfortable with risk wise.
Coming from someone who has made millions and spends millions each year what I would recommend is the following.
Diversify your holdings, and determine what your cash flow needs are. Create a base that provides for a sustainable comfortable life, and then put the rest in researched opportunities. Be an LP in trusted funds. As a qualified investor you can participate in private placements and will have access to local deals that may be very attractive, and you can also have some say in. Stay away from high commission sales people, who don't have money, and don't know what they are doing.
Best of luck, and make sure you keep a chunk close so you don't have to start over again later in life.

FastLaner007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Jan 28, 2014
I would simply put the money in a reputed bank of some developing nation that offers like 7.5% interest per annum and just live off of the interest for the rest of my life.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
-no education
-no network
-no idea

-solar farms
-farming in general
-trading of goods
-manufacturing

Those are all totally profitable in Europe and Japan anyway.

Japan has floating solar farms

Germany has totally renewable powered areas and energy plus homes (produce more energy than they consume)
60% of Europe's process heat in manufacturing can be replaced with solar(Germany is the most advanced economy) you could buy an English speaking manufacturing facility in Ireland or Germany, buy the off the shelf equipment from Germany and enjoy extra profits (even better if you can sell without buying, become a utility company reselling the energy offer discount for refitting/local grid and take some of the emissions trading allowance as payment ,that you can resell)
The nat grid in the UK were shocked to learn batteries are now better than gas at evening peak(buy electric overnight when it is cheap then sell, it back during demand Wind farms are plentiful storage is not.
Buy warehouses put solar power on top and sell power rent out. Combines great with factory approach.

Buy large apartment building wirh adjoining land, give it a green retrofit and mini renewable power. One in London was supposed to be like this, the population loved it, but developers went back and wouldn't fund it.

Buy development land and build a green village with its own independent power and storage supply aka Vaughn in friebirg. Much easier as new builds to retrofit, and at 100 houses you get economy of scale. People buy houses with solar panels more than they buy solar panels for houses!

Use ümhreden knüt (sorry not much English technical literature on this) to cheaply scale wind and (solar sterling) power plants (a longer shot pet project off mine, all the components are there though)

Solve the seasonal storage problem, and you can buy electric from solar power in the summer and sell it in the winter. All tech exists just needs investment, minimal licensing. Issue futures based on your profit, since you can issue tokens worth 1kw redeemable in winter, you can get speculators to buy the cheap summer electric for you. Use the money to repay the costs of storage. Scale and entry. You can also use this to reduce fossil fuel plant emissions,since they can demand shift you can push it elsewhere.

Use software (and powerplant) arrangements to demand shift electric by making mobile phones/laptop smart chargers that charge during down time. Expand to using dedicated smart battery packs for other devices.

Given trumps recent 25% tax tariffs, exploit the difference in aluminum recycling 12% to 99 % by nation (Iceland exports renewable electric by buying scrap and selling ingots) cheaper than building powerlines across the sea. Buy up scrap, ship it to recyclers, export/sell al. Use profits to fund new recyclers. Iceland has similar geo resources to Utah, so you could potentially reduce shipment costs that way. Germany has ready to go aluminum recyclers made from aluminum (you can set up in land and make another one from the inputs) so even at 100k you can keep making more and more, the more you make the more you can recycle with sunlight! Admitedy you need a small steel bucket to hold the am your working with. The issue here is collecting that scrap, this would be a nice use case for crypto, specifically tokenise assets. It lets you scale a lot better, you issue a token whose value is backed by scrap. Your paying for scrap and able to massively scale scrap collection by using the sidewalkers as your army. You could also introduce the ingot token, the difference is your profit. You don't have to worry too much about delivery and collection in later stages, becuase the speculators will take care of it, just like they do.with other commodities. Aluminum futures are going up.

$500,000 is easily agreement with underpaid recycler, early collection scheme in pilot area, ICO. Since your shifting demand from.coal China to Solar factories you have an advantage there. Fuel costs are zero and amortization means your costs decrease while fossil costs go up. If you want to be a billionaire create a new futures contract.

Use Norwegian style process heat power plants that let you use water as solar panels. Imagine If the great lakes were used to meet energy demands (common in Norway/Sweeden)

These all booming industries and techs, with lots of niche options.

Expand the inline electric transmission hybrids (works by using a small engine to charge a battery which powers a motor, no range issue and smaller continual engine means lower emissions.

Solar powered dray trucks, would solve a massive emissions problem port of LA and Rotterdam.are ready buyers and needs much less range than other EVs and mostly within the same area, offering other techs a chance.

Battery electric locomotives and trams or hybrid version for areas without powerlines to allow lower emissions, battery swapping could be a lot easier with something that uncouples and decoupled anyway and it's a shorter stretch of line, and only one or two directions. The automotive tech is more advanced and available while the cost of locomotive makes the added cost more attractive.

So lots and lots there, some are small job like, some are small company and some have massive, scale and entry (patent) you'd only have to build half a dozen to prove it out and you could sell the patents.

Adeoluwa Adejumo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Oct 31, 2017
Those are all totally profitable in Europe and Japan anyway.

Japan has floating solar farms

Germany has totally renewable powered areas and energy plus homes (produce more energy than they consume)
60% of Europe's process heat in manufacturing can be replaced with solar(Germany is the most advanced economy) you could buy an English speaking manufacturing facility in Ireland or Germany, buy the off the shelf equipment from Germany and enjoy extra profits (even better if you can sell without buying, become a utility company reselling the energy offer discount for refitting/local grid and take some of the emissions trading allowance as payment ,that you can resell)
The nat grid in the UK were shocked to learn batteries are now better than gas at evening peak(buy electric overnight when it is cheap then sell, it back during demand Wind farms are plentiful storage is not.
Buy warehouses put solar power on top and sell power rent out. Combines great with factory approach.

Buy large apartment building wirh adjoining land, give it a green retrofit and mini renewable power. One in London was supposed to be like this, the population loved it, but developers went back and wouldn't fund it.

Buy development land and build a green village with its own independent power and storage supply aka Vaughn in friebirg. Much easier as new builds to retrofit, and at 100 houses you get economy of scale. People buy houses with solar panels more than they buy solar panels for houses!

Use ümhreden knüt (sorry not much English technical literature on this) to cheaply scale wind and (solar sterling) power plants (a longer shot pet project off mine, all the components are there though)

Solve the seasonal storage problem, and you can buy electric from solar power in the summer and sell it in the winter. All tech exists just needs investment, minimal licensing. Issue futures based on your profit, since you can issue tokens worth 1kw redeemable in winter, you can get speculators to buy the cheap summer electric for you. Use the money to repay the costs of storage. Scale and entry. You can also use this to reduce fossil fuel plant emissions,since they can demand shift you can push it elsewhere.

Use software (and powerplant) arrangements to demand shift electric by making mobile phones/laptop smart chargers that charge during down time. Expand to using dedicated smart battery packs for other devices.

Given trumps recent 25% tax tariffs, exploit the difference in aluminum recycling 12% to 99 % by nation (Iceland exports renewable electric by buying scrap and selling ingots) cheaper than building powerlines across the sea. Buy up scrap, ship it to recyclers, export/sell al. Use profits to fund new recyclers. Iceland has similar geo resources to Utah, so you could potentially reduce shipment costs that way. Germany has ready to go aluminum recyclers made from aluminum (you can set up in land and make another one from the inputs) so even at 100k you can keep making more and more, the more you make the more you can recycle with sunlight! Admitedy you need a small steel bucket to hold the am your working with. The issue here is collecting that scrap, this would be a nice use case for crypto, specifically tokenise assets. It lets you scale a lot better, you issue a token whose value is backed by scrap. Your paying for scrap and able to massively scale scrap collection by using the sidewalkers as your army. You could also introduce the ingot token, the difference is your profit. You don't have to worry too much about delivery and collection in later stages, becuase the speculators will take care of it, just like they do.with other commodities. Aluminum futures are going up.

$500,000 is easily agreement with underpaid recycler, early collection scheme in pilot area, ICO. Since your shifting demand from.coal China to Solar factories you have an advantage there. Fuel costs are zero and amortization means your costs decrease while fossil costs go up. If you want to be a billionaire create a new futures contract.

Use Norwegian style process heat power plants that let you use water as solar panels. Imagine If the great lakes were used to meet energy demands (common in Norway/Sweeden)

These all booming industries and techs, with lots of niche options.

Expand the inline electric transmission hybrids (works by using a small engine to charge a battery which powers a motor, no range issue and smaller continual engine means lower emissions.

Solar powered dray trucks, would solve a massive emissions problem port of LA and Rotterdam.are ready buyers and needs much less range than other EVs and mostly within the same area, offering other techs a chance.

Battery electric locomotives and trams or hybrid version for areas without powerlines to allow lower emissions, battery swapping could be a lot easier with something that uncouples and decoupled anyway and it's a shorter stretch of line, and only one or two directions. The automotive tech is more advanced and available while the cost of locomotive makes the added cost more attractive.

So lots and lots there, some are small job like, some are small company and some have massive, scale and entry (patent) you'd only have to build half a dozen to prove it out and you could sell the patents.
damn! you are pretty much reading my mind here...

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Point being, if anyone serious reads this. Leave the USA. Europe and Japan are the renewable/green tech hot areas (Canada and middle east are gaining) the US is probably worse in the area than Saudi Arabia.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
Point being, if anyone serious reads this. Leave the USA. Europe and Japan are the renewable/green tech hot areas (Canada and middle east are gaining) the US is probably worse in the area than Saudi Arabia.
Lol, this is precisely why the internet is no place to look for advice. Everyone spending massive amounts of time wading through oceans of completely baseless fluff like this looking for nuggets, when they could just hunt for a real life mentor and get the real deal.

The US is still the easiest place in the world to become a millionaire. Leaving the US is for after you've piled the cash. Anyone who thinks they're getting rich by moving to Europe, or Japan and investing in an industry primarily underpinned by public sector graft doesn't have a clue.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
The US is still the easiest place in the world to become a millionaire. Leaving the US is for after you've piled the cash. Anyone who thinks they're getting rich by moving to Europe, or Japan and investing in an industry primarily underpinned by public sector graft doesn't have a clue.

I perhaps shouldn't have said move, but visit.

Maybe it is easier for an American to get rich in the US, than a European to get rich in Europe.That is no excuse though.

but everyone I've got verifiable advice form says go where the market is. Of course anyone serious will know better than anyone else where that is. The US does a pretty brisk trade in biomass pellet exports to Europe, not a lot sold in US. Demand is certainly different in different countries. Pavihaus does quite well here, in the USA, I don't think there is a lot of interest.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
I would simply put the money in a reputed bank of some developing nation that offers like 7.5% interest per annum and just live off of the interest for the rest of my life.

Yeah , Indian banks offer this kind of Interest.

There are Fix Deposits also which double money in five years.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.