The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Alcohol-drinking culture amongst entrepreneurs

Anything related to matters of the mind

Benjamin Pavliha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 18, 2022
Dubai, UAE
Hey fellow entrepreneurs. I hope you're all on track to crush your 2023 goals!

And I hope it is allowed to ask:

I know that many entrepreneurs struggle with drinking too much alcohol, which in some cases might be harmful to our businesses and stop us from growing our companies.

I'm currently building a small business as a coach helping others to get control of their drinking, so I'm wondering, for all those that do drink alcohol, would you say you predominately drink in order to relieve the stress (that comes from the work you do) or rather to socialize and network with others?

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic as well as a very sensitive topic, but I'm working on research and would love to hear your personal experience!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022
I know that many entrepreneurs struggle with drinking too much alcohol
You don't know that, it's just a hypothesis.

In the last thread you've made on this topic, there were 74 replies. The overwhelmingly majority of comments were highly against the consumption of alcohol. Some of the people that commented are very successful.

Substance use is inversely correlated with success (i.e. the more you drink, the worse everything gets). So there is no reason to believe that there's a drinking culture amongst entrepreneurs. Quite the opposite.

Just take a look at the previous thread lol.

I almost never drink alcohol.

I don’t “go drinking”

I don't think drinking or not drinking is an entrepreneur trait.

Out of all the substances, I think alcohol is one of the worst

I don't drink at all.

I haven’t drank alcohol since I had a glass of champagne for New Year’s.

Acohol is worst thing ever.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Hey fellow entrepreneurs. I hope you're all on track to crush your 2023 goals!

And I hope it is allowed to ask:

I know that many entrepreneurs struggle with drinking too much alcohol, which in some cases might be harmful to our businesses and stop us from growing our companies.

I'm currently building a small business as a coach helping others to get control of their drinking, so I'm wondering, for all those that do drink alcohol, would you say you predominately drink in order to relieve the stress (that comes from the work you do) or rather to socialize and network with others?

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic as well as a very sensitive topic, but I'm working on research and would love to hear your personal experience!
I only drink a bottle of beer, just a bottle, every time I ever sit down to drink.

That's maybe twice a year.

I used to drink more. Thought it was cool. It is useless. Getting drunk to me is useless.

Yet, a moderate consumption of alcohol maybe tolerable.

Alcohol is to be kept at bay.

3 hours drinking
6 hours drunk
3+ hours on hangover

Half a day thrown away
It only works if you get paid to drink.
I don't if there is such a job or Fastlane road trip as getting paid to drink.

Many entrepreneurs I know rarely drink at all.

Benjamin Pavliha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 18, 2022
Dubai, UAE
You don't know that, it's just a hypothesis.

In the last thread you've made on this topic, there were 74 replies. The overwhelmingly majority of comments were highly against the consumption of alcohol. Some of the people that commented are very successful.

Substance use is inversely correlated with success (i.e. the more you drink, the worse everything gets). So there is no reason to believe that there's a drinking culture amongst entrepreneurs. Quite the opposite.

Just take a look at the previous thread lol.
Thank you for following my threads, I really appreciate it.

It is indeed a hypothesis I made, however, not just based on the replies from this forum, but based on many other sources as well.

Substance use is inversely correlated with success --> I agree with your statement, because I think true success is finding your inner peace. Money and business is just part of this. I am not some spiritual guru, but I do believe that.

So a highly successful entrepreneur could be a very unsuccessful individual if the only thing he/she has is outer success. I know personally a couple of entrepreneurs like this. Thus, my above hypothesis.

As mentioned above, I am still in research mode, so looking forward to hearing your further thoughts on this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
My hypothesis is that entrepreneurs are one of the more disciplined population demographics when it comes to drinking alcohol.

But the ones that do drink problematically are more prone to addiction and have deeper problems than your average weekend drunk.

And developing an actual program and delivering value and helping this subset of entrepreneurs will be difficult. Finding these entrepreneurs will be hard, getting them to listen to you will be harder, and solving their alcoholism will be a monumental task.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
My hypothesis is that entrepreneurs are one of the more disciplined population demographics when it comes to drinking alcohol.

But the ones that do drink problematically are more prone to addiction and have deeper problems than your average weekend drunk.

And developing an actual program and delivering value and helping this subset of entrepreneurs will be difficult. Finding these entrepreneurs will be hard, getting them to listen to you will be harder, and solving their alcoholism will be a monumental task.
He will need to build huge trust in them for his help to be accepted by them.

I think he could become a psychologist first.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.