The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Possible solution to create a non-drinking culture?

D

Deleted85763

we already know that and we don't do that.

the best possible outcome I would say is if the U.S. Portugal'd up and decriminalized substance use.

Replacing one dangerous substance with a less dangerous one would be better but drinking alcohol is ingrained in the culture. In order to change that I believe it's a mindset issue. Honor is interesting in that all it requires is to refrain from behaviours that lead to bad outcomes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Steeltip

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Mar 17, 2021
Houston, TX
how do you propose we effectively do that?

You know about the mothers against alcohol group from the 1920s that led to the prohibition in the 30's right? They had a stance based on honor and family values and such. It led to essentially the establishment of the mob because they had a need to fill other than illegal immigration.

D

Deleted85763

how do you propose we effectively do that?

You know about the mothers against alcohol group from the 1920s that led to the prohibition in the 30's right? They had a stance based on honor and family values and such. It led to essentially the establishment of the mob because they had a need to fill other than illegal immigration.
How are cultures created? They are created by the transmission of behavior from one person to another, like a virus. For example, the kissing on the cheek greeting in Europe among friends, the use of the word "dude" in California, the playing of Cricket in countries of English influence. It really starts with YOU. You do something, someone copies, someone else copies them and so on. It can be a slow process over decades, even centuries or can be very quick like the wearing of masks. I don't have the "how" to answer your question right now but a solution(s) do exist.

DoingDeals

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 13, 2021
There's already kava bars popping up everywhere, they sell kratom & other things non-alcoholic there.

D

Deleted85763

There's already kava bars popping up everywhere, they sell kratom & other things non-alcoholic there.
Those are alternatives; I don't know if everything there is actually safe or rather not destructive. In Islamic countries they drink mint tea and/or coffee. Alcohol consumption is very low and it is strictly forbidden in some of those countries.

Coffee and tea are I believe at this time acceptable substances in that the destructive aspect seems very low. I can tell you that black or green tea is not harmless even though it has benefits. It's incredibly addictive (the Australian colonists rioted when their tea supply was cut off in the 1800's or something like that) and noticeably mind altering. Not so with coffee in my experience.

Those with a lot of money, like governments or major foundations, may be able to broadcast the facts about alcohol and perhaps a campaign like that might do some good. The savings to society might be worth the cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steeltip

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Mar 17, 2021
Houston, TX
Those are alternatives; I don't know if everything there is actually safe or rather not destructive. In Islamic countries they drink mint tea and/or coffee. Alcohol consumption is very low and it is strictly forbidden in some of those countries.

Those with a lot of money, like governments or major foundations, may be able to broadcast the facts about alcohol and perhaps a campaign like that might do some good. The savings to society might be worth the cost.
We have been doing this already for years man, D.A.R.E was one of those programs. Also just regular highschool health class.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted85763

We have been doing this already for years man, D.A.R.E was one of those programs. Also just regular highschool health class.
That message was scare tactics that students saw right through and it was tied into law enforcement which they sought to avoid. That's the wrong way. The right way is to speak the absolute truth and all authority is there to help, not punish.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.