The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Airport Business Info

LarryG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 29, 2007
Bremen, GA
Hello all,
I know that I'm a newbie here but have a question if anyone has any experience to offer.
I have written a letter of interest to submit an RFP for a local airport FBO (fixed base operator) position. Services include fueling and airport operations primarily, but ...if the multiple streams of income ideas I've read here apply I'm thinking catering, car rental, aircraft storage, eventually maintenance.
I know some of you fly private, what services would help me bring repeat customers and generate cash flow?
Thanks, LarryG

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LarryG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 29, 2007
Bremen, GA
JScott, just for clarification, what type of seminars or training do you mean? Something aviation related based at the airport or promotions and shuttles/transportation to near-by events? I will have apportioned space available on site for meeting and lectures, is there potential besides flight training in you experience?
If I receive the contract I plan to coordinate limo/shuttle services to the Atlanta area, hopefully to attract people away from the bustle of airport traffic to our smaller outlying field.

White8

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 6, 2007
Salem, OR
Unless you have heavy corporate traffic, I would look at flight training, scenic flights, and possibly charter if you can get a leaseback. There a some FBOs that have allied themselves with local colleges and universities to provide the flight portion of an aviation degree which keeps the FBOs VERY busy. A local flight school that I interviewed with a couple of years ago for a GM position consistently maintained 70-90 students by working with the local community college. Depending on the market, you may also be able to do the weekend twin or seaplane rating.

Good Luck.

White8 Commercial/Instrument Single and Multi Engine Land, CFI, CFII, MEI, AGI, IGI, A&P, Tailwheel, High Altitude endorsement. No LOAs yet. Need that Seafury.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.