The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

AI + CODE = SOFTWARE?

Idea threads

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
Heyo,

How can I create a software, where if I create prompts and people input their own personalised answers it could create the perfect solution. I would like to input AI into this as it would help a lot, as it would combat the research and analysis part to it.

If that wasn't clear. Let's imagine the software was "Make your own BOOK". The parts they must fill are:

1. name of the book
  2. number of pages
  3. colours
  4. target market
  5. aim of the book
Then using OpenAI's chatgpt technology - it would analyse, do research and create many version to answer this.

How would I do something like that?

IMPORTANT - my goal isn’t to give the software to consumers yet but use it for my own service for now.

Peace be upon you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

matteblack

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 1, 2023
India
search phind.ai
plus stackoverflow
and use github co-pilot to help you when you are compiling
it will not be a walk in the park
( software engineers are paid so much for a reason) but you can do it

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
Have you tried asking ChatGPT?

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
search phind.ai
plus stackoverflow
and use github co-pilot to help you when you are compiling
it will not be a walk in the park
( software engineers are paid so much for a reason) but you can do it

i think the website doenst exist anymore?

Attachments

• IMG_1945.png
    IMG_1945.png
    363.7 KB · Views: 10

RudyR

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 24, 2023
Texas
You would use the OpenAI API and your programming language of your choice.

For a quick demo/POC, I would use python with the OpenAI API for the backend, and Streamlit for the frontend.

From here this is where architecting comes into play. If you're looking beyond Streamlit, then you'll want to look into a web framework like Flask, Django, etc. You would also need to figure out the hosting and deploying part as well. Based on the features you want, you may also need to look into an authentication system, payment system, connect a database, etc.

Here's more info on the OpenAI API docs: https://platform.openai.com/docs/introduction
Here's more info on Streamlit: Streamlit • A faster way to build and share data apps

That should be enough info for anyone to get started building out their AI apps. For further info consult ChatGPT.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Wanna know why is this so easy? Everyone is doing it.

I'm going to say this now, building on anything OpenAI based violates Control. They own the API 100% and can choose to revoke it at any time.

I've seen so many people build webapps recently that have GPT as it's lynchpin. Basically without GPT or the OpenAI API, nothing would work.

When a self-hosted open source generative text AI launches, and you can use that without any external help, then use AI.

Build something new, not something that has the core functionality of another platform's ecosystem.

Also: "App idea with no coding?"

Learn how to F*cking code. Do the work.

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
Wanna know why is this so easy? Everyone is doing it.

I'm going to say this now, building on anything OpenAI based violates Control. They own the API 100% and can choose to revoke it at any time.

I've seen so many people build webapps recently that have GPT as it's lynchpin. Basically without GPT or the OpenAI API, nothing would work.

When a self-hosted open source generative text AI launches, and you can use that without any external help, then use AI.

Build something new, not something that has the core functionality of another platform's ecosystem.

Also: "App idea with no coding?"

Learn how to F*cking code. Do the work.

I understand the API part but does the amount of leverage surplus the risk to it being shut down - I mean we all know that OpenAI is here for a while. But, should I begin using chatgpt then create my own learning machine?

since my goal isn’t to give the software to consumers but use it for my own service for now. I have no intentions of creating a software for the public as of yet.

totally agree with the no coding part - tryna learn as we speak

Last edited:

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
I understand the API part but does the amount of leverage surplus the risk to it being shut down - I mean we all know that OpenAI is here for a while. But, should I begin using chatgpt then create my own learning machine?

since my goal isn’t to give the software to consumers but use it for my own service for now. I have no intentions of creating a software for the public as of yet.

If you're just using it on your own that's fine, it just needs to be said that anything built on OpenAI software violates Control and is probably a shit idea.

darkomind

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Oct 20, 2023
Netherlands
Heyo,

How can I create a software, where if I create prompts and people input their own personalised answers it could create the perfect solution. I would like to input AI into this as it would help a lot, as it would combat the research and analysis part to it.

If that wasn't clear. Let's imagine the software was "Make your own BOOK". The parts they must fill are:

1. name of the book
  2. number of pages
  3. colours
  4. target market
  5. aim of the book
Then using OpenAI's chatgpt technology - it would analyse, do research and create many version to answer this.

How would I do something like that?

IMPORTANT - my goal isn’t to give the software to consumers yet but use it for my own service for now.

Peace be upon you
Are you using ChatGPT plus? Worth the money in my opinion. It can now read pdfs, run data analysis, navigate the web, and do many other things using the available plugins.

I use it for everything, from my daily job to personal life to business matters. In some aspects it does the work for you, in others it helps getting over the writer's block.

It acts as an extension of my own brain. Or maybe my brain is an extension of chatGPT lol

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
Are you using ChatGPT plus? Worth the money in my opinion. It can now read pdfs, run data analysis, navigate the web, and do many other things using the available plugins.

I use it for everything, from my daily job to personal life to business matters. In some aspects it does the work for you, in others it helps getting over the writer's block.

It acts as an extension of my own brain. Or maybe my brain is an extension of chatGPT lol
Interesting, I haven't really - but I’ve seen many plug-ins that help a lot. Which extras do you use? for productivity? for health tracking - what do you use?

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
anything built on OpenAI software violates Control and is probably a shit idea.
I'm sure many millionaires will disagree with you in a couple of years. It's a double edge sword for sure, but plenty of people give up control and still make more money than most of us combined. I wouldn't discard it or tag it as shit idea just because it's built on OpenAI, just being aware of the risk and being okay if it flops.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
If you're just using it on your own that's fine, it just needs to be said that anything built on OpenAI software violates Control and is probably a shit idea.
yes keep telling everyone this so they don't bother and I can make all the money from it!

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
I'm sure many millionaires will disagree with you in a couple of years. It's a double edge sword for sure, but plenty of people give up control and still make more money than most of us combined. I wouldn't discard it or tag it as shit idea just because it's built on OpenAI, just being aware of the risk and being okay if it flops.
Still don't like it, I want to own what I build. If people want to risk it, it's on them like you said.

darkomind

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Oct 20, 2023
Netherlands
Interesting, I haven't really - but I’ve seen many plug-ins that help a lot. Which extras do you use? for productivity? for health tracking - what do you use?
All of those, and more. The Plus edition can search the web with the new Bing integration, meaning that results are in real-time. Besides copywriting and grammar/spelling check (English isn't my first language)

For example, I use it at my job to format code, write code (saves hours), debug and troubleshoot. All I do is pasting the code/error log and add my request.

I also used it for nutrition. For example if I want to optimize my food intake to have stable energy and avoid arriving to my evening workout on a full stomach.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
Still don't like it, I want to own what I build. If people want to risk it, it's on them like you said.

I think all you're doing is setting yourself up for inaction. The "commandment of control" is not a law, it's a guideline.
Don't obsess about it. Start somewhere and refine for more control, as you gain traction.

From all indications, you're very young and likely haven't gained much real world business experience.
What are some things you've created or invented from scratch and taken to market?
What functioning software have you coded from scratch?

Don't be so caught up in "control" that you miss the springboard opportunities in front of you.
A little win on a small app, website, product or whatever can springboard you with resources and experience to establish a bigger project, with more control.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
I think all you're doing is setting yourself up for inaction. The "commandment of control" is not a law, it's a guideline.
Don't obsess about it. Start somewhere and refine for more control, as you gain traction.

From all indications, you're very young and likely haven't gained much real world business experience.
What are some things you've created or invented from scratch and taken to market?
What functioning software have you coded from scratch?

Don't be so caught up in "control" that you miss the springboard opportunities in front of you.
A little win on a small app, website, product or whatever can springboard you with resources and experience to establish a bigger project, with more control.
Not saying it's impossible, I'm just tired of seeing all these useless AI startup gimmicks that have awful execution and functionality (here's a source of opportunity for people lacking solid SaaS ideas). If people can make it work, they should go for it. I bet killer solutions are being developed right now using AI.

Currently, I am coding something from the ground up in the MERN stack. AI integration may be added later, but it's not one of the founding pillars of what I'm building.

I'll be revealing a demo very soon to the forum, so stay tuned. To put it vaguely, it's software that helps people (entrepreneurs) quickly validate ideas and bring things to market.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada

The red flag I see isn't control but rather entry. Your original post is says 'I want to create a webpage where I offer no actual original value or IP, i just pass queries into chat gpt". Why do you think this would be successful? You have no USP.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
The problem with software business ideas like these is that you will be too dependent on OpenAI to perform the service you are offering to your clients/customers.

You are better off building something from scratch using code.

The company I'm currently contracted for actual built their Application from scratch and sells it to Credit Unions/banking institutions who then use this app to service their customers its impressive.

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
The red flag I see isn't control but rather entry. Your original post is says 'I want to create a webpage where I offer no actual original value or IP, i just pass queries into chat gpt". Why do you think this would be successful? You have no USP.
Perhaps you missed a part while reading, I don't have intentions of selling anything to the public from a software perspective as of now

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.