I don't know where to begin. The area that I live in is a small-town (Mayberry-ish) place where people can be set in their ways. In the years prior I was in college and I had people I could bounce ideas off of. They understood the basic fastlane concepts. We sucked at execution (too afraid) so nothing ever got accomplished but at least they understood the basic premise.
Well, in my area (Smalltown central Georgia) that's not the case. Any fastlane/entrepreneurial talk is met with the swiftest and most aggressive "sidelane" (slowlane + sidewalk) advice. Even if they just see you reading a book or two. I've had a friend who are spends every last dime on additional ammo and new cars b/c "money will soon be worthless". And my family likes to see rich people "hurt" and if anyone "makes it" then it's automatically their responsibility to "take care" of the rest of them.
I just want to know what are some of your own stories of dealing with these "helpful" people. I tend to be blunt and sarcastic at times and I'm looking for more ways to "finesse" these interactions?
They tell me that you could "go out of business" and I tell them that they could be suddenly fired (and they OFTEN ARE) but it still doesn't register.
Not interacting with them isn't an option! In this area if you don't turn a wrench, dig a ditch, drive trucks, stock groceries or work at the prison then you are just "trying to be slick" and they don't "take too kindly to that round here"
Well, in my area (Smalltown central Georgia) that's not the case. Any fastlane/entrepreneurial talk is met with the swiftest and most aggressive "sidelane" (slowlane + sidewalk) advice. Even if they just see you reading a book or two. I've had a friend who are spends every last dime on additional ammo and new cars b/c "money will soon be worthless". And my family likes to see rich people "hurt" and if anyone "makes it" then it's automatically their responsibility to "take care" of the rest of them.
I just want to know what are some of your own stories of dealing with these "helpful" people. I tend to be blunt and sarcastic at times and I'm looking for more ways to "finesse" these interactions?
They tell me that you could "go out of business" and I tell them that they could be suddenly fired (and they OFTEN ARE) but it still doesn't register.
Not interacting with them isn't an option! In this area if you don't turn a wrench, dig a ditch, drive trucks, stock groceries or work at the prison then you are just "trying to be slick" and they don't "take too kindly to that round here"
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
