The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Affordable Health Insurance for Entrepreneurs?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
It is much more tightly regulated now. There are very few options outside of the state and or federal sponsored exchanges. There are a few religious associations with great prices and exemptions from the federal mandates that are worth looking into. They operate more like co-ops.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Affordable, that's a joke. It doesn't matter if you're part cyborg with a life expectancy of 150 years, you're still gonna pay an arm and a cybernetic leg.

Remnant

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 9, 2015
This is just another tax, essentially.

Even if you go out of your way to take care of yourself via preventative measures and try to avoid the system as a whole - youre still required to shell out.

Vig has some valid points above ^^.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The best insurance for entrepreneurs is to make enough money that you can buy what ever insurance you want/need without concern.

Dan44

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 9, 2015
I came across Medi-Share as well. Does anyone on here have experience with them?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Damn, son. Move to a different country so that you don't have to pay so much for health insurance.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Damn, son. Move to a different country so that you don't have to pay so much for health insurance.

Huh? Move to a country where there is less economic upside and less medical services so you can save some money. Then use that money to travel to the United States when you need medical care.

Nobody moves to another country over health care costs (*with apologies to Canadians)

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I came across Medi-Share as well. Does anyone on here have experience with them?

I was highly skeptical at first, but signed on last year after hearing radio ads and seeing billboards in Dallas. They've been around for a long time, and I couldn't really find any negative reviews/thoughts about Medi-share online, other than from religion haters.

I am still covered through my job for now, but I have the wife and kid on Medishare for like $70 a month. That's for a a 10k deductible I think. It's way, way cheaper than any other health insurance option I could find.

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA
Not sure if anyone responding here (or reading this) is a veteran, but, if so, then the VA is an option. A lot of people don't know this, but if a veteran is making under a certain income (which I'm sure is an issue for a lot of entrepreneurs early on), they are able to enroll in the VA health care system. This would cover minimum mandatory coverage, as well as any visit, bloodwork, emergency care, etc.

It only covers the veteran, not their family.

Just throwing that out there as an FYI since practically nobody knows this and the VA doesn't really advertise it.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Huh? Move to a country where there is less economic upside and less medical services so you can save some money. Then use that money to travel to the United States when you need medical care.

Nobody moves to another country over health care costs (*with apologies to Canadians)
Medical tourism is pretty huge here. A lot of people move here at least temporarily to to take advantage of the health care.

No waiting around, great prices, and top notch facilities.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016

On second thoughts you are right. I just felt sad for the OP, so it was more of an emotional rather than logical answer. You are right, everyone goes to US for medical care due to advanced technologies.

But poor people should still be able to afford medi-care. I think government is working on that.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
But poor people should still be able to afford medi-care. I think government is working on that.

I am never sick, yet I pay every month for people who are always "sick". Welcome in Europe!

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Not sure if anyone responding here (or reading this) is a veteran, but, if so, then the VA is an option. A lot of people don't know this, but if a veteran is making under a certain income (which I'm sure is an issue for a lot of entrepreneurs early on), they are able to enroll in the VA health care system. This would cover minimum mandatory coverage, as well as any visit, bloodwork, emergency care, etc.

It only covers the veteran, not their family.

Just throwing that out there as an FYI since practically nobody knows this and the VA doesn't really advertise it.
I once got punched in the mouth so hard that my tooth ripped a giant hole in my cheek. I was with a Marine who said I needed to get it taken care of so he drove me to the VA. After a long wait the Dr. comes stumbling over, yawning, and with a giant needle in her hand. I must have interrupted her nap.

I guess the VA is an option if absolutely necessary lol

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA
I once got punched in the mouth so hard that my tooth ripped a giant hole in my cheek. I was with a Marine who said I needed to get it taken care of so he drove me to the VA. After a long wait the Dr. comes stumbling over, yawning, and with a giant needle in her hand. I must have interrupted her nap.

I guess the VA is an option if absolutely necessary lol

I'm enrolled in the VA right now and have been to the clinic. It was a fantastic experience. It seems that I'm in the minority, but I have nothing but good things to say about the VA as a whole (so far haha).

Either way, free is free. As with many other things in life, you get what you pay for.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.