The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Affordable concert Ticket

Idea threads

Tsetand

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 25, 2022
Hey guys!! So I have this idea. Please feel free to drop ur opinions.
So many of us know that how difficult it is for some people to get a famous singer concert ticket. It is not affordable for some people.
So I want to create an website for those people where they get an affordable ticket. This website will exclude the people who can afford tickets.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

iivalky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jul 9, 2022
Canada
So many of us know that how difficult it is for some people to get a famous singer concert ticket. It is not affordable for some people.
So I want to create an website for those people where they get an affordable ticket. This website will exclude the people who can afford tickets.
Won't you have to purchase the tickets at full price and resell them at a loss? How will you make them affordable?

Tsetand

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 25, 2022
Won't you have to purchase the tickets at full price and resell them at a loss?
U got it all wrong. My idea is to create a whole new platform where the music industries is ready to sell the tickets to people who can’t afford their tickets. Here majority of the people is benefiting; people who can’t afford tickets and the music industries itself cause they can sell tickets to other groups of people who can’t afford.

Speculatooor

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
U got it all wrong. My idea is to create a whole new platform where the music industries is ready to sell the tickets to people who can’t afford their tickets. Here majority of the people is benefiting; people who can’t afford tickets and the music industries itself cause they can sell tickets to other groups of people who can’t afford.
Target customers: people with no money?

You lack a fundamental understanding of (micro)economics, scarcity, profit, etc.

I recommend these books for solid foundation:
Thomas Sowell - Basic Economics
Henry Hazlitt - Economics in one lesson

EDIT:
If you would read these books, you would know that a lot of tickets are already underpriced compared to true market value. This is why ticketscalpers exist.

Last edited:

Tsetand

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 25, 2022
Yes,
For example I can afford to go on one concert but I can’t afford to go on many concerts. I love concerts but I can’t afford.

iivalky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jul 9, 2022
Canada
It's a cool concept but what would be in it for the businesses selling their tickets at a discount if they'll make more money selling at a full price?

Speculatooor

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
Yes,
For example I can afford to go on one concert but I can’t afford to go on many concerts. I love concerts but I can’t afford.

If you (person A) could buy tickets at an affordable price, that is very nice for you.

But that seat (limited amount) is now occupied by you, and not someone who would pay more (person B).

Business is now losing money by selling that seat to you, not to person B.

Why would they do that?

Tsetand

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 25, 2022
It's a cool concept but what would be in it for the businesses selling their tickets at a discount if they'll make more money selling at a full price?
Don’t u think musicians will love to entertain all groups of people? In this case I think love and emotions take the roles.

iivalky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jul 9, 2022
Canada
Don’t u think musicians will love to entertain all groups of people? In this case I think love and emotions take the roles.
From what I understand, if the concert is large enough It isn't the musicians who sell the tickets directly but the stadium/arena where they are performing. The performer just makes a % of the ticket sales and don't even know where they are being sold at.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I believe that Taylor Swift tried to do something like this by limiting the type of people that could get tickets to her concert on day 1. What you basically want is for actual fans to get the tickets instead of ticket brokers. You could make non-transferable tickets. I also believe that the use of tickets coupled with NFTs will also help this issue.

Tsetand

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 25, 2022
I believe that Taylor Swift tried to do something like this by limiting the type of people that could get tickets to her concert on day 1. What you basically want is for actual fans to get the tickets instead of ticket brokers. You could make non-transferable tickets. I also believe that the use of tickets coupled with NFTs will also help this issue.
Thanks…

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.