The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Searching for cheap/affordable tailors for a bussnies

D

Deletedu3943

Hello Fastlane Forum!
I'm Ampa, 26 years old man from Norway. For the last 3-4 years i have had and developed a passion for classic suits, and have come to the conclusion that I would like to start a business based in Norway that creates affordable Made2Measure suits, shirts and coats. When it comes to made2measure, Norwegians usually have two options as I see it.

1 - Buy m2m from Norway any time of the year
(Very expensive alternative)

2 - Buy m2m from Thailand/China when tailors come to sell suits to Norwegians. They normally visit during winter and summer time.
(Very affordable alternative)

Now you are probably thinking - why not just buy two times a year if the suits are fine?
The problem is, they're not. And they usually have a lot of errors. And unless you are like me, who knows exactly what he wants (length, design, fabric, thread colour, button colour, vest style, trouser style, lapel holes, lapel styles, single or double breasted) - you end up with the same boring material and finish as in any other store around the world, or something that just doesn't look good.

So the question I have for you guys is the following:
How can I get in contact with tailors that sew affordable/cheap suits? And where can I reach them?

I have read some articles suggesting that I should look at these places:
Hoi An, Vietnam
Panama City, Panama
Shanghai, China
Budapest, Hungary

Looking forward to read your answers.

Best regards
Ampa

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Hello Fastlane Forum!
I'm Ampa, 26 years old man from Norway. For the last 3-4 years i have had and developed a passion for classic suits, and have come to the conclusion that I would like to start a business based in Norway that creates affordable Made2Measure suits, shirts and coats. When it comes to made2measure, Norwegians usually have two options as I see it.

1 - Buy m2m from Norway any time of the year
(Very expensive alternative)

2 - Buy m2m from Thailand/China when tailors come to sell suits to Norwegians. They normally visit during winter and summer time.
(Very affordable alternative)

Now you are probably thinking - why not just buy two times a year if the suits are fine?
The problem is, they're not. And they usually have a lot of errors. And unless you are like me, who knows exactly what he wants (length, design, fabric, thread colour, button colour, vest style, trouser style, lapel holes, lapel styles, single or double breasted) - you end up with the same boring material and finish as in any other store around the world, or something that just doesn't look good.

So the question I have for you guys is the following:
How can I get in contact with tailors that sew affordable/cheap suits? And where can I reach them?

I have read some articles suggesting that I should look at these places:
Hoi An, Vietnam
Panama City, Panama
Shanghai, China
Budapest, Hungary

Looking forward to read your answers.

Best regards
Ampa
Hello and welcome,

One of the senior contributors had a solution that may be helpful for you. His post is quoted below along with the dressing well thread it came from.

If anyone wants an intro, send me a message. I don't wear suits as much since it's not suitable for my business, but used to order bespoke suits from China (suits made from scratch to perfectly fit your body).

Basically the process:

Pick a suit from a magazine, tv show, or high end clothing brand you like.
Get your measurements.
Send the image to the Chinese connect. Have them price it out.
Get a perfectly fitting suit for $130 to $300.

The price difference was based on the quality of materials and the expertise of the tailor that they used.

Could be a good way for you guys to get top suits for cheap.

D

Deletedu3943

Hello and welcome,

One of the senior contributors had a solution that may be helpful for you. His post is quoted below along with the dressing well thread it came from.

Thank you so much for you reply! I will have a look at it. Highly appreciated!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.