So I have recently been in a predicament with someone whom originally was going to invest 100k for 3% and this was contingent on if he did XYZ.
Today he is asking for 3.5 for just sweat equity, meaning no contingencies nothing. I would have to trust that he can do the job. I did contact some of his old references, and the fact of the matter is he is a genius at sales and closing large clients. It is worth it in that sense, however he only works in technology and my industry in infant development. So as you can imagine I am quite worried I may be giving up free $$.
However, he does have amazing connections that opened up doors in seconds for us, again it was for the wrong place. So I'm left her saying... thanks but no thanks. But the fact of the matter is within 6 hrs he got us on the phone with a retailer.
So what should I do? Give him 3.5% and make him a partner, it can change the game. Or say sorry and do it on my own?
Furthermore he wanted another 5% for 15k which he admits completely undervalues our business. That I am definitely saying no to...
Today he is asking for 3.5 for just sweat equity, meaning no contingencies nothing. I would have to trust that he can do the job. I did contact some of his old references, and the fact of the matter is he is a genius at sales and closing large clients. It is worth it in that sense, however he only works in technology and my industry in infant development. So as you can imagine I am quite worried I may be giving up free $$.
However, he does have amazing connections that opened up doors in seconds for us, again it was for the wrong place. So I'm left her saying... thanks but no thanks. But the fact of the matter is within 6 hrs he got us on the phone with a retailer.
So what should I do? Give him 3.5% and make him a partner, it can change the game. Or say sorry and do it on my own?
Furthermore he wanted another 5% for 15k which he admits completely undervalues our business. That I am definitely saying no to...
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
