Y'all are a bunch of smart, creative super nerds. @SteveO
Someone can figure this out without designing me a Rube Goldberg thingy.
Now that we're living in rural Virginia, these are the kinds of projects I can't help doing. My girls and I just finished building an air cannon earlier this evening. The design calls for pressurizing it with 35 PSI and the authors say they've launched lemons a full hundred meters. There's a huge park nearby with plenty of runway for experiments and even bigger farms for the fall pumpkin trebuchet build.
While putting it together, I noticed the PVC is rated for 280 PSI. The little handheld compressor can put out 160 PSI and fill up a semi truck tire. I can buy a different one that will put out 240 PSI. Hmmmm.....I sense an opportunity here. This is doable.
Check out the screenshot text thread. I'm dying to see how far it can launch shit.
Although perhaps that's a poor choice of words.
Cheers,
Chris
p.s. I've already decided against the "hair spray plus cigarette lighter cannon" that two local shop guys I met earlier have already built. Along with the portable propane tank version he used for shoreline fishing. One of them put a potato through the side bed of a friend's pickup by accident and Dad/Son would launch frozen ice "bait bullets" from their fishing boat before shooting an expensive fishing pole 1/4 mile away. LOL.


Someone can figure this out without designing me a Rube Goldberg thingy.
Now that we're living in rural Virginia, these are the kinds of projects I can't help doing. My girls and I just finished building an air cannon earlier this evening. The design calls for pressurizing it with 35 PSI and the authors say they've launched lemons a full hundred meters. There's a huge park nearby with plenty of runway for experiments and even bigger farms for the fall pumpkin trebuchet build.
While putting it together, I noticed the PVC is rated for 280 PSI. The little handheld compressor can put out 160 PSI and fill up a semi truck tire. I can buy a different one that will put out 240 PSI. Hmmmm.....I sense an opportunity here. This is doable.
Check out the screenshot text thread. I'm dying to see how far it can launch shit.
Although perhaps that's a poor choice of words.
Cheers,
Chris
p.s. I've already decided against the "hair spray plus cigarette lighter cannon" that two local shop guys I met earlier have already built. Along with the portable propane tank version he used for shoreline fishing. One of them put a potato through the side bed of a friend's pickup by accident and Dad/Son would launch frozen ice "bait bullets" from their fishing boat before shooting an expensive fishing pole 1/4 mile away. LOL.


Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
