I have a situation that I am trying to work through. We have several partners on a real estate deal. We are all active investors but some people have chosen to be less active. We hold weekly conference calls, send email updates as we receive them and have always been available to discuss any questions or concerns further.
However, some partners tend to use inflammatory language when describing the challenges at the property to the other investors. This gets everyone up in arms and wanting to point fingers. But the reality is that we do not yet have the full information or confirmed facts. My preference is to find out the facts surrounding the situation and any possible solutions before presenting the issue to the rest of the group. Yet I don't want to be seen as hiding information.
I am not sure how to work around this. We have had a meeting to air out the feelings but it felt more of a vent session toward me. I am not sure how to redirect the focus to problem solving and away from the blame game.
However, some partners tend to use inflammatory language when describing the challenges at the property to the other investors. This gets everyone up in arms and wanting to point fingers. But the reality is that we do not yet have the full information or confirmed facts. My preference is to find out the facts surrounding the situation and any possible solutions before presenting the issue to the rest of the group. Yet I don't want to be seen as hiding information.
I am not sure how to work around this. We have had a meeting to air out the feelings but it felt more of a vent session toward me. I am not sure how to redirect the focus to problem solving and away from the blame game.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
