The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice on Using Social Media (Instagram)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Mike154

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Dec 9, 2017
Pennsylvania
Good morning!
I'm not going to say what my product is or advertise on here as I'm not sure that's allowed, but I'd like everyone's advice on the best way to use social media (Instagram) to show off the product to potential customers. It is patented and I'm happy to give advice on that process but that's a different story. I will say the product is in the home brewing/wine making space and from the feedback from customers so far is, "this is great" or "this is genius, wish I would have thought of it."

Disclaimer- I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to social media and for years never had a twitter/instagram/facebook account. There is value in not having these things but when it comes to business it can be valuable.

I don't know how to use these platforms and not come off as I'm pushing a product on people as I feel that to be annoying. Here are some paths we are considering:
1.) Sell them ourselves at our prices - large profit margin, direct to customer
2.) Reach out to homebrew stores and create accounts with them...wholesale prices and they are a middle man from us to customers
3.) Go to distributors - who will sell to stores, who will sell to customers...two middle men and again prices reduces (but could make up if more units are sold this route)

Any advice would be great and hope everyone is doing well. Just keep at whatever you are doing and try anything :) I started a business prior to this that failed but then started this which I've had sales.

Also happy to give advice to anyone who wants to write their own patent and the path I took for that as well.
Kind regards,
Mike

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dylan42

Big D
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 3, 2016
Houston, TX
Good morning!
I'm not going to say what my product is or advertise on here as I'm not sure that's allowed, but I'd like everyone's advice on the best way to use social media (Instagram) to show off the product to potential customers. It is patented and I'm happy to give advice on that process but that's a different story. I will say the product is in the home brewing/wine making space and from the feedback from customers so far is, "this is great" or "this is genius, wish I would have thought of it."

Disclaimer- I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to social media and for years never had a twitter/instagram/facebook account. There is value in not having these things but when it comes to business it can be valuable.

I don't know how to use these platforms and not come off as I'm pushing a product on people as I feel that to be annoying. Here are some paths we are considering:
2.) Reach out to homebrew stores and create accounts with them...wholesale prices and they are a middle man from us to customers
3.) Go to distributors - who will sell to stores, who will sell to customers...two middle men and again prices reduces (but could make up if more units are sold this route)

Any advice would be great and hope everyone is doing well. Just keep at whatever you are doing and try anything :) I started a business prior to this that failed but then started this which I've had sales.

Also happy to give advice to anyone who wants to write their own patent and the path I took for that as well.
Kind regards,
Mike

You're going to want to set up yourself a customer funnel. Decide who your target audience is, the location of that audience and if it is direct to the consumer what age range? I am assuming over 21 since its in regards to alcohol.

This can lead to promotions. Do you have a budget you can promote ads on Instagram and Facebook? These will cost you money but if your content is attention-grabbing it can really draw in some engagement. You can set your funnel there and see what works best.

Link your website to your social media. Then people can know where to buy your stuff. You can also apply to have a store for your Facebook and Instagram I would look into that as well.

The next step I would focus on is consistency. The goal I focus on is posting at a minimum once a day. Mess around with posting using hashtags and posting at different times of the day to see which draws the most engagement.

Just because you're a business doesn't mean you have to be serious. You can have fun and get creative with your posts. Interact with your followers.

With that being said also go to the explore page and search hashtags for your area and find people who would be potential customers. Comment on their posts, it doesn't have to be extravagant just a couple words to show you're not just a bot page. What I will do is find someone's page and will comment on their post or I will like three of their posts just so they see my name and to pique some interest.

Maybe reach out to possible influencers. Have them share your product on their page. This could cost in some sort of fee or the product itself depending on what it is.

Basically social media has endless ways to get your product out there you just have to do it. Push your product in a salesman way on some posts then on others get creative and have fun with it especially if you're going direct to consumer. After time you will find what works best and then you can go from there.

Last edited:

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
I did a short course on IG and FB marketing last year.. it might get you started!
I've been too busy to even think about marketing yet but I hope to change that shortly! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Facebook and Instagram Course Notes October 2019.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 7

Kyle M

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 12, 2020
Canada
Good morning!

Kind regards,
Mike
Hey Mike, if you're going to start an IG account for your business (which I think is an absolute must), make sure you look at it first off as a tool to connect, engage, and build trust with your audience, rather than just trying to sell. Tell your story, provide value, have conversations, show off your product in a fun way, comment, interact, etc.

I see far too many people or businesses start accounts and their first post is something along the lines of "50% off sale, this weekend only!". Just trying to sell, right away.

If you build an audience and an authentic connection and provide value, when the time comes that you do go for 'the ask', people will be far more likely to take action.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.