The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advertising on social media (Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat)

Marketing, social media, advertising
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 26, 2021
In my opinion these are the biggest platforms to advertise on, campaigns should be optimized but it's all about creating a compelling story. Video content is the best way to tell a story to consumers these days. What are your opinions on creating engaging campaigns & advertising on social media? I've been thinking about the value of video content & the power it has to convert people to real customers that know about your brand.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

brycek379

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 4, 2022
In my opinion these are the biggest platforms to advertise on, campaigns should be optimized but it's all about creating a compelling story. Video content is the best way to tell a story to consumers these days. What are your opinions on creating engaging campaigns & advertising on social media? I've been thinking about the value of video content & the power it has to convert people to real customers that know about your brand.
I'm really fascinated by TikTok but I have some doubts due to its really narrow range of users - most of them are quite young and have limited purchasing power. I wonder how profitable it is for really small business.

TCMorgan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
526%
Feb 19, 2016
I'm really fascinated by TikTok but I have some doubts due to its really narrow range of users - most of them are quite young and have limited purchasing power. I wonder how profitable it is for really small business.
This is a limiting belief. 75% of Tiktok's userbase is distributed in the under 55 age range. It has aged up incredibly quickly and can be effective for just about any business (outside of products that specifically target retirees).

TCMorgan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
526%
Feb 19, 2016
Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, and TikTok are the big winners for our clients. Facebook skews a bit older and TikTok skews a bit younger, but both platforms are widely successful for most demographics.

The most important thing to consider when creating for different platforms is the native experience of that platform. There isn't one form or style of creative that guarantees success across all platforms.

Ads on TikTok should have the look and feel of the rest of the TikTok feed. Follow trends, use influencers, use common audio pieces, and advertise in ways that feel like you're just watching another tiktok video. Consider the post-click experience as well. TikTok is a fast-moving, low-attention-span platform. Landing ads directly only product pages that have critical info above the fold will VASTLY outperform landing ads on content pages or longform product pages.

Facebook ads perform best when they look like Facebook posts. Plain text, carousels, or those super-trending "top 10" style videos. Facebook users are used to browsing, clicking links to news sites, reading listicles, etc. so landing FB ads on longform product pages or content pages tends to work well. The big caveat to this is if you're targeting users under 28 (or targeting users with an interest in TikTok). Running Tiktok creative on facebook will perform well.

These are just a few examples. The broad point here is to tailor your creative and experience to the platform you're advertising on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.