The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice on cold calling a business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
Back in the day we used to just hire people to do this on commission.

Another thing you can do is use email as first point of contact then pick up the phone to leads.

But really a lot of it comes down to your belief in the product. If whatever you have is something you feel is really life changing then it's far easier to cold call then when you're slinging things you don't believe in.

The worst that will happen in most companies is they say they don't accept sales calls / aren't interested and that's it.

Trust me, get's easier the more you do it - and you'll learn endless amounts about sales and how to negotiate.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
This is a pretty in-depth topic that I could really get into.

Based on your post, I'd say first and foremost, it's all about mindset. (cliché, I know)

Something that helped me when I was nervous and self-conscious, was to not even consider what I was doing a "cold call", per-se. I was simply making a phone call to gather enough information to see whether they were a match for (insert whatever venture of yours in here).

After that, it's all about getting your message across as succinctly as possible, while simultaneously understanding its a numbers game and more than a few people are simply not a fit.

source: I cold call pretty often. In more than just 1 country, and recently in a language I'm only proficient, not fluent, in.

pipedream2017

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 12, 2017
london
Back in the day we used to just hire people to do this on commission.

Another thing you can do is use email as first point of contact then pick up the phone to leads.

But really a lot of it comes down to your belief in the product. If whatever you have is something you feel is really life changing then it's far easier to cold call then when you're slinging things you don't believe in.

The worst that will happen in most companies is they say they don't accept sales calls / aren't interested and that's it.

Trust me, get's easier the more you do it - and you'll learn endless amounts about sales and how to negotiate.
Thank you for your advice. Would you say cold calling a business is more successful in person or over thr phone? The businesses i would be cold calling are local barber shops

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pipedream2017

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 12, 2017
london
This is a pretty in-depth topic that I could really get into.

Based on your post, I'd say first and foremost, it's all about mindset. (cliché, I know)

Something that helped me when I was nervous and self-conscious, was to not even consider what I was doing a "cold call", per-se. I was simply making a phone call to gather enough information to see whether they were a match for (insert whatever venture of yours in here).

After that, it's all about getting your message across as succinctly as possible, while simultaneously understanding its a numbers game and more than a few people are simply not a fit.

source: I cold call pretty often. In more than just 1 country, and recently in a language I'm only proficient, not fluent, in.
Thanks for the advice :)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Why would you care about rejection, this is so stupid.

If you get a rejected, tell the person to holdon a sec and blow a massive fart into the phone. Make it a goal to blow 10 farts on the phone for the day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.