The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advertising on Facebook

Marketing, social media, advertising

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to get into advertising on Facebook and was wondering if there we're any tools or 3rd part software you would recommend. I looked around and was quite overwhelmed with everything.

I am quite experienced with marketing on Google PPC, and was wondering if there was like a "Keyword Planner/Display Planner" but for Facebook?

For Google PPC, I use Wordstream quite extensively, is there a "Wordstream" for Facebook?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance guys :)

Myron

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
What do you want your tool to achieve?

To be successful with facebook ads you need to know your target demographic. Then it becomes easy to target them with the built-in functions.

Personally, I only used the interest targeting that facebook offers in the first ~1-2 months of advertising on FB. I only targeted 1 very specific interest that represents big page in my niche (about 800k likes). I spent about 4k during that time.

After that I simply created new campaigns targeted to lookalike audiences of people who converted and let facebook optimize for conversions. My campaigns run exclusively like that now. I change the bid here and there and create new campaigns to test out different demographics within the lookalike audiences, different day parting, different conversion pixels to optimize for etc..

ROI might be lower than with laser interest targeting, but I just care about volume. Actually my FB CPA is higher than my average order size (some days double) but I make it up through referral traffic (shares), brand building, etc..

For managing campaigns, I dont use any 3rd party software and don t think its necessary. You can do everything pretty easily and quick in power editor.

Stubbers

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Feb 27, 2014
Borington, Ontario
I used a guy lately to set up some campaigns for me. The way he set them up looked like it would have taken ages then I saw he was using software ... http://www.qwaya.com if you are running big campaigns I thing it might help

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
I know of some guys that use qwaya. I haven't used it much myself. Just tinkered with it. I like the idea of it and may use it more in the future. But for now I just use the built in tools of FB. (power editor, etc.)

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
What do you want your tool to achieve?

To be successful with facebook ads you need to know your target demographic. Then it becomes easy to target them with the built-in functions.

Personally, I only used the interest targeting that facebook offers in the first ~1-2 months of advertising on FB. I only targeted 1 very specific interest that represents big page in my niche (about 800k likes). I spent about 4k during that time.

After that I simply created new campaigns targeted to lookalike audiences of people who converted and let facebook optimize for conversions. My campaigns run exclusively like that now. I change the bid here and there and create new campaigns to test out different demographics within the lookalike audiences, different day parting, different conversion pixels to optimize for etc..

ROI might be lower than with laser interest targeting, but I just care about volume. Actually my FB CPA is higher than my average order size (some days double) but I make it up through referral traffic (shares), brand building, etc..

For managing campaigns, I dont use any 3rd party software and don t think its necessary. You can do everything pretty easily and quick in power editor.

Great post @theag . Taking notes for sure. How did you learn your strategy. I feel like I'm missing some fundamentals. FB gives us so many options that I want to get a little more understanding so I can great a logical execution plan.

Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Btw, I stopped using this approach of using only lookalikes because it became unstable.

I now use a ~800k audience that I built out of ~30 very specific interests that I researched. I run this campaign as optimize for conversions and use auto-bidding.

This increased my profit margin by a cool 100-200% and most of all its stable. :cool:

MindWarrior

Power Moves
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Feb 23, 2015
I recommend using custom audiences. I wish I could recommend you some tools, but I have been out of facebook ads for a bit now

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
I recommend using custom audiences. I wish I could recommend you some tools, but I have been out of facebook ads for a bit now
If you mean custom audiences via scraping that's against FB's TOS and they will ban your ad account most likly for it nowadays.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.