JacobPariseau
PARKED
- Joined
- Apr 14, 2014
- Messages
- 3
Rep Bank
$25
$25
I'm starting a finance blog with which to later finance other endeavors. I figured it was a cool vehicle to collect my thoughts, teach people, and give me solid topics to learn about and share. And if I make some money on the side? Great!
But I've started with Patreon. Haven't added any private content yet -- but I'm working on the public face of the persona. Anyway, finance blogs and moneymaking stuff do notoriously bad there. I've done a few searches for similar pages and products and they're all at zero Patrons. This gives me a low competition market if I can nail this, and if not I can fall back to a regular blog.
So how would you market it? Obviously, internal channels are broken where this genre is concerned. I could set up an external firstnamelastname.com blog and transfer the public posts over, while hinting at the private ones (requiring they become Patrons). I could make fake accounts and beef up my own subscriber numbers, which may be expensive depending on the cut they take but would provide the social proof necessary for organic conversions.
Does anyone here have experience or thoughts on the matter?
But I've started with Patreon. Haven't added any private content yet -- but I'm working on the public face of the persona. Anyway, finance blogs and moneymaking stuff do notoriously bad there. I've done a few searches for similar pages and products and they're all at zero Patrons. This gives me a low competition market if I can nail this, and if not I can fall back to a regular blog.
So how would you market it? Obviously, internal channels are broken where this genre is concerned. I could set up an external firstnamelastname.com blog and transfer the public posts over, while hinting at the private ones (requiring they become Patrons). I could make fake accounts and beef up my own subscriber numbers, which may be expensive depending on the cut they take but would provide the social proof necessary for organic conversions.
Does anyone here have experience or thoughts on the matter?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
