The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Action

Pittman09

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
May 14, 2016
Canada
Over the past 5 months I've spent my time outside of my slowlane job to learn coding and lead-gen with adWords. Thanks for all the help @Fox and @Andy Black.

Once I knew I could build a website that adds value I reached out to a friend to offer my services. He took me up on the offer and his business is already getting more traffic and sales.

However, it is easy to provide a service for someone you already know. The hard part is reaching out to people you don't know and trying to sell them on the value you can give them.

I started cold-calling a couple of weeks ago and was getting shut down left, right, and center. Needless to say my confidence was taking a beating.

Today I woke up and said I'm going to cold call until I get a real lead. When I picked up the phone to make my first call, I got cold feet and put the phone back down because I was afraid to get denied again.

Instead, I decided to continue reading Unscripted . I opened up the book where I left off last and it was Chapter 39: Kinetic Execution.

Once I read the chapter I said to myself, "Stop being a pussy and go make some damn calls! Take action!"

Next thing I know I'm on fourth call and I hear "Yes I would definitely be interested, when can we meet to talk more?!"

Thanks @MJ DeMarco for the swift kick in the a$$! Preparing to close this deal on Monday!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Instead, I decided to continue reading Unscripted . I opened up the book where I left off last and it was Chapter 39: Kinetic Execution.

Once I read the chapter I said to myself, "Stop being a pussy and go make some damn calls! Take action!"

Quite possibly the hardest part of execution is not creating value, but demonstrating that value to our prospective audience.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on making some strides!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Great, glad I could help. You are already doing great and I am sure you will quickly be making massive progress.

Check out the gold threads and reach out if you need help.

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 8, 2017
UK
Keep doing it bro! We believe in you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pittman09

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
May 14, 2016
Canada
Just finished closing the deal!

This client said as soon as he saw my previous work that he wanted to work with me.

Furthermore, he is an electrician who works with a lot of other business owners who specialize in different trades and said that he would definitely introduce me to them.

Amazing what one phone call can do.

unaided

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 5, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Appreciate it guys.
Congrats on overcoming that initial inertia and getting the passion/feedback cycle jump-started again. It's a great feeling when you think of a plan, execute on the plan despite the uneasiness, and then get positive feedback on the value you delivered. So much of the anxiety is waiting for that first couple of clients to say yes, until then it's just a pie-in-the-sky idea with your ego at risk. Congrats again!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pittman09

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
May 14, 2016
Canada
Congrats on overcoming that initial inertia and getting the passion/feedback cycle jump-started again. It's a great feeling when you think of a plan, execute on the plan despite the uneasiness, and then get positive feedback on the value you delivered. So much of the anxiety is waiting for that first couple of clients to say yes, until then it's just a pie-in-the-sky idea with your ego at risk. Congrats again!
You're absolutely right. Thanks man!

unaided

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 5, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
You're absolutely right. Thanks man!

You can season your leads by sending a letter/email prior to your call. Then the call can be in the context of the letter/email content as opposed to being completely cold. Just a thought! This way you can showcase testimonials, and other value propositions in the letter/email content.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.