- Joined
- Feb 20, 2015
- Messages
- 558
Rep Bank
$1,480
$1,480
User Power: 123%
Dear Fastlanerses. (Watched The Hobbit recently, apologies)
In my brief time here I've realised a very divided pattern, there seems to be those who suggest ACTION, ACTION, ACTION, MORE ACTION, and, then, just to be on the safe side, ACTION! For good luck.
These same people, seem to think reading is "mental masturbation", "action faking", etc.
So you might be thinking, since I'm a reader (I never use to be!) that I HATE these kinda people, and you're half right. I also HATE philosophical types, academical types, and basically anyone who lives their lives through the shit they read, rather than anything they have actually done.
Side Note: Reading this thread up to this point, I'm also hating (disliking) myself because the negative has crept into it, and I obviously need to limit that. But we shall move on.....
People tend to be black and white in their views, but grey is where it's at.
If you take only action without first obtaining knowledge, then good luck my friend, because unless you strike it 100% lucky, you're no better than the academic who knows everything, but does nothing.
Strictly action will probably get you put in prison, because if all you want is to take action, the shortest actionable route to wealth, the lowest common denominator, then that's where you'll likely end up. Action without knowledge is worthless (I believe MJ has written a thread about this too, probably where most of this is coming from, aside from my own experience).
Running into a wall is action, jumping off a cliff is action, do you remember when you were doing something dumb and you injured yourself? That was action, did it get you paid? Did it help anyone? No, it probably didn't.
If you knew nothing (and I do mean nothing) what would you do? Nothing! So, those who say Action! Action! Action! Do yourselves a favour, shut the hell up!
Now, let's talk about the knowledge/academic set, the opposite end of the spectrum, these are the people (you're forgiven for thinking I'm one of them if you've read my stuff here thus far.) are just as bad, if not worse! These are the people who wanted to learn before doing something, or taking action (a good idea in my view) but once they got started, just couldn't seem to stop learning and took no action.
This gets you nowhere either.
Experts are what they're called, even dealt with them before? Sure you have. Especially if you watch anyone of these talking heads on a sport show who have never played professionally.
I could ramble on further about these kind of people too, but this is already too long of a post. So it's time for a conclusion.
The conclusion is this; You need to find a balance between knowing and doing.
If you can't do that, then I'm afraid you're going to run into too many brick walls and break your skull, or your neck will break from the slouching of reading too much.
Hope that has helped you.
In my brief time here I've realised a very divided pattern, there seems to be those who suggest ACTION, ACTION, ACTION, MORE ACTION, and, then, just to be on the safe side, ACTION! For good luck.
These same people, seem to think reading is "mental masturbation", "action faking", etc.
So you might be thinking, since I'm a reader (I never use to be!) that I HATE these kinda people, and you're half right. I also HATE philosophical types, academical types, and basically anyone who lives their lives through the shit they read, rather than anything they have actually done.
Side Note: Reading this thread up to this point, I'm also hating (disliking) myself because the negative has crept into it, and I obviously need to limit that. But we shall move on.....
People tend to be black and white in their views, but grey is where it's at.
If you take only action without first obtaining knowledge, then good luck my friend, because unless you strike it 100% lucky, you're no better than the academic who knows everything, but does nothing.
Strictly action will probably get you put in prison, because if all you want is to take action, the shortest actionable route to wealth, the lowest common denominator, then that's where you'll likely end up. Action without knowledge is worthless (I believe MJ has written a thread about this too, probably where most of this is coming from, aside from my own experience).
Running into a wall is action, jumping off a cliff is action, do you remember when you were doing something dumb and you injured yourself? That was action, did it get you paid? Did it help anyone? No, it probably didn't.
If you knew nothing (and I do mean nothing) what would you do? Nothing! So, those who say Action! Action! Action! Do yourselves a favour, shut the hell up!
Now, let's talk about the knowledge/academic set, the opposite end of the spectrum, these are the people (you're forgiven for thinking I'm one of them if you've read my stuff here thus far.) are just as bad, if not worse! These are the people who wanted to learn before doing something, or taking action (a good idea in my view) but once they got started, just couldn't seem to stop learning and took no action.
This gets you nowhere either.
Experts are what they're called, even dealt with them before? Sure you have. Especially if you watch anyone of these talking heads on a sport show who have never played professionally.
I could ramble on further about these kind of people too, but this is already too long of a post. So it's time for a conclusion.
The conclusion is this; You need to find a balance between knowing and doing.
If you can't do that, then I'm afraid you're going to run into too many brick walls and break your skull, or your neck will break from the slouching of reading too much.
Hope that has helped you.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
